Reminder: No Multiple Accounts

Voidus

I just noticed that Chaos' reminder of this is in the social guilds section from before we moved to our own subforum but we have had multiple instances of people in RPs creating multiple accounts. Now you might think this is a good idea so you can sneak into other guilds and get information or upvote yourself or just to have more say in the RP. This is against site rules and will not be tolerated by the site staff.
Hopefully this is not required or relevant again but we do have ways of telling if people have multiple accounts so please everyone make sure you don't do this.

Copying Chaos' original post here too:

There have been multiple instances of individuals having more than one account in the past month or two. Much of this is involved with Social Groups. I cannot surmise why someone would do this, but it often involves upvote manipulation and trying to manipulate people in multiple social groups, hence me posting this reminder in this forum. Perhaps some find having multiple accounts or joke accounts funny, but this is very serious.

Multiple accounts are not allowed. Do not do this. They have never been allowed, and apparently the line in the Rules post that has always been there is unclear, and the additional reminder I posted in 2014 is just as valid as ever. Read this now: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6977-notice-on-multiple-accounts/

This deception is not "fun" and is not funny, and will be swiftly dealt with. Ignorance will not be a sufficient excuse. I have instantly banned people before for multiple accounts, and frankly, due to the three instances of this very recently where we've been generous to not ban people instantly, but we will not continue to be generous in this way. 

I am lenient on multiple accounts due to if you have login issues (due to Microsoft servers refusing our emails for validation), but that's about it. There are no realistic reasons why users require multiple accounts. 

Let me know if you have questions. If you had made joke accounts, tell me now and we will deal with them, but these multiple accounts issues will not continue.

Locking this thread but feel free to PM me if there are any questions or concerns. If you do have multiple accounts please PM Chaos so that one can be removed.

• Voidus unpinned this topic
  • Voidus pinned this topic