How did he do THAT??? (Pure Conjecture, Spoilers for WoR)

GeoMancer

I think it is stated somewhere by the Crew that he did indeed get beheaded at some point. And I don't think it is that big of an issue for a Gold Twinborn to have their mind separated from the body, as it is primarily a question of restoring the Ideal self that would still be present in the Cognitive and Spiritual Realm. In Alloy of Law, Miles got shot in the Head (id est got his brain, his mind, smashed) without it giving him any trouble.

Edited by Aether

I'm still trying to figure out how Hoid and Vasher are hiding their aura. That seems more impressive than getting a lot of Breath.

my answer to this question is that storm light and breath are similar but different, i think that breath could be used to fuel surge binding, but it would have different effects, and i think holding any breath for any reason would effect colours around you, awakener or not. my guess is if you used breath to surgebind, say soulcast, you would probably end up bleaching something as well. but I read a theory elsewhere that someone thought if you were to awaken with stormlight it would probably slowly leak out of the object.

I agree and think that if you use stormlight to awaken you wouldn't be making any lifeless any time soon, and the stormlight would be irretrievable as "your breath to mine" isn't really applicable. but i think it would act differently. holding stormlight doesn't seem to make hoid glow either, so there is still stuff we don't know.

This post is entirrely speculation but hey that's my two cents.  :rolleyes:

A WOB said that Hoid can survive getting his head cut off even by a Shardblade, but the type of healing he uses also heals the soul :)

and this suggests that maybe another effect of holding stormlight is regeneration, as is shown also in our "not quite radiant" squires. so maybe things like perfect pitch and colour recognition could also be considered as side affect of holding breath and not actually the abilities of an awakener

I think I should say that I believe that if Kal or Shallan got a bunch of breath, I don't think the could awaken with it, I say this as I think this ability is likely an attribute of the sDNA of the people of Malthis.

• Chaos locked this topic