Would Gavilar have become a Bondsmith? (spoilers)

Grimm

Apologies if a thread of similar nature has been made.

What do you guys think of Gavilar having had the potential to be a Bondsmith? He already united Alethkar (partially) and was on his way to uniting them even more, and perhaps the rest of Roshar too. We know he was onto something revolving Radiants and Voidbringers, and seeing that he seemingly knew everyone (I joke, I mean he knew so many people through the factions; Mr T, Sons of Honor (Amaram), etc) he must have been involved in some pretty heavy stuff.

Thoughts?

Would Gavilar have been benevolent? OR would he have followed suit with Taravangian? Seemingly good if he was to become a Radiant, but of course not if he was to become a survivalist Tyrant. Life before Death, after all. If he was to become a Radiant I would have seen him uniting the world forcibly to combat the Voidbringers (which he would most likely be to blame for the return of anyway?).

Well, it seems like he had the same visions as Dalinar, however the Stormfather didn't explain what kind of people get them. Amaram thought he was doing what Gavilar had wanted (at least that was my impression), and that's not KR-ish at all. He may have had the potential, but I don't think he would have gotten that far.

Starting a Desolation to bring back the church is... not very Radiant-ish behavior, yeah. I'm in full agreement with Aleksiel. He doesn't seem to be the type to become a Radiant, but then all we know of his motivations is through Amaram and Taravangian, so he's not painted in the best light.

Starting a Desolation to bring back the church is... not very Radiant-ish behavior, yeah. I'm in full agreement with Aleksiel. He doesn't seem to be the type to become a Radiant, but then all we know of his motivations is through Amaram and Taravangian, so he's not painted in the best light.

I agree!!

I dont know if he's simply misguided but i always suspected that there was more to him, his death has touched the lives of so many of the protagonists and antagonists that i always thought it would have been revealed to have been more than it seemed.

I personally think that he met honors requirements over Dalinar for the visions but he misinterpreted(?) them and after he died it was Dalinars task and as we all know he's totally owning it ;)  

• Chaos locked this topic