Hypothesis: Oathbreaking, shardshattering Heralds

kraefzke

Do we actually know that Odium splintered Honor? I cannot really remember.

I was just thinking that maybe the Heralds walking away from their oaths did it - or at least weakened him in a way that allowed Odium to kill him. This is based on what happens to spren when their KR break their oaths and on Honor musing that the spren created the KR in a way similar to how he created the Heralds. It stands to reason that Heralds breaking their oaths would have some negative effect on the shard...thoughts?

In The Way of Kings, Dalinar's final vision has the Almighty tell him "Odium has killed me." Given the circumstances, I am willing to give some authority to the guy who got murdered when he is talking about who killed him.

In The Way of Kings, Dalinar's final vision has the Almighty tell him "Odium has killed me." Given the circumstances, I am willing to give some authority to the guy who got murdered when he is talking about who killed him.

Thanks for the quote, I hadn't been sure anymore and no time to look it up. However, as I said, it could be that the Heralds walking away weakened Honor to a degree that made the killing possible in the first place.

Edited by kraefzke

• Chaos locked this topic