Poll: Favorite Mistborn Book?

Llarimar

Favorite Mistborn Book?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Mistborn book?

• The Final Empire
    • The Well of Asension
    • The Hero of Ages
    • Secret History
    • The Alloy of Law
    • Shadows of Self
    • The Bands of Mourning

I dunno if I liked the convo between Harmony and Wax. I know Harmony is a god and he is balance and he can't directly interfere. But for all Wax does for him, you would think Harmony could've at least said I'm sorry. It just felt like he said things like any god would say. I can't stop this suffering because it would cause even greater suffering. However, I am glad that they talked it out and Wax was able to forgive himself. Although, I think his love for Steris played a big part in his recovery more so than his convo with Harmony.

Bands of Mourning and Secret History both hold the top spot for me. Though I have to say that personally the original trilogy and most of the second hasn't aged well. I've only found myself able to re-read Bands of Mourning and Secret History. 

Edited by Vissy

8 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

I dunno if I liked the convo between Harmony and Wax. I know Harmony is a god and he is balance and he can't directly interfere. But for all Wax does for him, you would think Harmony could've at least said I'm sorry. It just felt like he said things like any god would say. I can't stop this suffering because it would cause even greater suffering. However, I am glad that they talked it out and Wax was able to forgive himself. Although, I think his love for Steris played a big part in his recovery more so than his convo with Harmony.

Well there’s also that part of how a big part of it was self-loathing on Wax’s part. Like how he pointed out had I told you the truth about her would you have done any differently? And he Wax was forced to admit that he would have shot her even if he knew she was Lessie, and ironically by keeping that information from him the act of making the shot was less painful then it would have been if had to shoot while knowing who she was. So Harmony DID spare him some pain.

That being said I wonder why the initial plan to bring Wax to the city went the way it did? I suspect we will learn more when we get the final book, but I cannot help but wonder if it has to do with Trell.

• Chaos locked this topic