Will Lirin (kal's dad) be a Raidiant?

Fifth

I know that we already have the Kholin family, with at least three and possibly even four Radiants within & I know this bothers some people though realistically the values of parents are often transferred to their children and with how the Nahel Bond functions  I personally think this makes sense and have no problem with it.

But back to the point I'm gonna throw down my speculation for the record  that Lirin (Kaladins farther) will become a Radiant. His attitude and morals just scream future radiant to me ...though I really have no idea where he would fit in ...considering he is pretty much a complete pacifist ....Edgedancers (Loving/Healing) or perhaps Willshapers (Resolute/Builder) seem good places for him.

This all depends a lot on what we find once Kal gets back to Hearthstone & how much events have managed to change Lirin's personality.

Edited by Fifth

What exactly happens to spren when their radiant dies? Because Lirin is certainly fit to take Ym's spot.

Even comes with a past crime for the Skybreakers to obsess over.

Edited by ricree

Before Renarin revealed what he was, I was also thinking of Ym, primarily based on divine attributes. Lirin's learned (trained as a surgeon) and generous (doesn't charge for healing). I've said before that I don't know how far we can trust divine attributes, but Ym exemplified both, as well. 

Now I'm not so sure, though. If there were multiple spren running around, I'd say yes, but since only some of them have come over, who knows.

I agree. Lirin is an excellent candidate for becoming a Radiant. He is a good person with strong convictions. The test will be whether he cracked as a result of what happened with his children and the persecution of his citylord, or if it broke him. If he is broken, a good possibility, then he won't become a Radiant. If he just cracked, then he is almost certain to eventually become a Radiant.

This of course is completely dependent upon whether or not Roshone has found or created a reason to kill him or not yet.

I'd tentatively say Truthwatcher, if only because he seems willing to lie for a cause. If it turns out Truthwatchers "must never lie" or something like that, obviously my idea goes down the drain. Lirin pulling off the cover over the goblet of spheres to shed light on his would be assailants during one of Kaladin's flashbacks in tWoK does sound awfully Truth-y to me...

• Chaos locked this topic