[OB] The original surgebinders

Coinshot1122

Spoilers for OB.

Spoiler

From what I understand, the original humans on Roshar were both surgebinders and refugees.  Refugees because they destroyed their world (the Tranquiline Halls, I think).  If this history is true, then how were the two shards Honor (who is all about doing the right things) and Cultivation (who is about growth and change) really abandon a world that their powers (through the surgebinders) destroyed?  

It just seems like a total lack of responsibility and goes against their Intents.

I wonder if the original humans really were surgebinders of Honor and Cultivation. I think Honor and Cultivation were on Roshar, and Odium somehow got humans to Roshar (with some kind of magic) and that's when Honor and Cultivation got involved, creating the ten orders as we know it. I also think that's when the Heralds were bound to the oathpact -- when Honor and Cultivation realized they were in danger of Odium and his void bringers.

6 hours ago, Watchcry said:

They weren't surgebinders. Surgebinders didn't exist until much much after the heralds. If anything it was voidbinding that they used. 

Well they may have been manipulating the same ten surges but it wouldn't have been with nahel bonds or using honours investiture- it would have been with a different magic system using the same underlying cosmere principles

I believe Odium manipulated man into destroying their world so he could leave it.  They ended up on Roshar and Odium tried to do it again. Humans were the first voisbringers right.  Then the humans had enough realised what was happening and turned to honor for help.  Honor helped them keep Odium at bay but then the souls of the first victims from the first desolation were still pissed at the humans and now Odium was able to manipulate them.  Dawnsingers became Listeners and parshmen or parshendi. Men over time forgot where they came from and how desolation began.   Odium leaked the truth of human arrival on Roshar to the KR after the Heralds had abandoned their oaths and then just sat back and waited.  Letting the unmade destroy human warriors that could no longer seek out the knights to control their passion(the thrill).  I think new heralds will be made by book 5 and I believe many more parshmen will become KR.  Hoping bridge 4s parshman(can't remember how to spell his name) becomes a windrunner.

• Chaos locked this topic