Dreams on Words of Radiance

Zenith

As Words of Radiance draws near, I have found myself dreaming about WoR, and I know I can't be the only one. Seeing as how Highstorm dreams have some significance on Roshar, I thought we might as well engage in some voidbinding and predict the future from our dreams on WoR!

Significant things from my dreams so far:

-Kaladin gets Shardplate.

-Kaladin gets mad and kills Amaram (or something).

I dreamt that Syl leaves Kaladin, Kal acquires different bondspren, the book is mostly timeskips with us checking in on Kal's growing Surgebinding cult every few years, and everyone dies of old age. Rapidly, TLR style.

Edited by Swimmingly

I had a dream where Brandon answers my personalization request on my pre-order from Weller. I woke up excited that I can post the answer here (the name of the Spiritual Realm essentially) and took me almost a full hour to realize that's not exactly canon...

EDIT: For the curious ones - it was something starting with 'C' and had 5 letters. What made me realize it was all a dream was the fact that it didn't contain neither "shade(s)" nor "mar" - one of which I figure means "realm."

Edited by Argent

Oh man, I've waited for this topic! Warning: my dreams are usually totally random.
Last week I had this very intense WoR dream where I was Kaladin. However, I was only Kaladin in the scenes where he failed miserably at things, like inexplicably falling down a hillside while crashing into all the trees on it - in his awesome scenes I was a sort of third person-observer. He also fought someone who apparently was the guy who taught him how to use the spear. Also, he and Dalinar had a race to the top of (another) hill. Dalinar stumbled and fell down after half of it, and when Kaladin checked on him, Dalinar had some kind of giant gemstone on his breast that looked a lot like an ARC reactor now that I think about it. Then he opened his eyes which were glowing really bright.
There was other stuff, but I only remembered as much as this.
After waking up I was totally convinced I had already read half of WoR and was very eager to continue. When I realised it was still two weeks away I crawled back into bed and tried not to yell at things.
In conclusion, I'm only cool enough to be Kaladin when he's not cool, right? ;)

I had a dream a little while ago that I randomly received a large package, which I opened to find a copy of WoR, except it was in the form of a stack of mass market paperback sized pages, unbound manuscript style. I woke up with great excitement, only to realize that it had not actually happened.

Hype Disease is commonly found amoungst members of an online forum known as "The 17th Shard." Symptoms include intense feelings of excitement about books, dreams about books,  and constant page refreshing. Disease is not curable aside from the object of hype finally being released, after which the affected individual will often post reactions and theories on the book, which range from poorly thought out to thought out too well. Symptoms generally disappear a few months after the object of hype is released.

Hype Disease is commonly found amoungst members of an online forum known as "The 17th Shard." Symptoms include intense feelings of excitement about books, dreams about books,  and constant page refreshing. Disease is not curable aside from the object of hype finally being released, after which the affected individual will often post reactions and theories on the book, which range from poorly thought out to thought out too well. Symptoms generally disappear a few months after the object of hype is released.

Don't you mean "Symptoms will reappear worse than ever once the sequel to the former object of hype is announced."? ;)

Edited by Silver

Don't you mean "Symptoms will reappear worse than ever once the sequel to the former object of hype is announced."? ;)

That's a different case of Hype Disease. It  does gets worse with each time you get it, though.

That's a different case of Hype Disease. It  does gets worse with each time you get it, though.

Ah, my bad then. So a one time-infection does not grant one immunity, right? What a persistent disease. Aren't they currently developing a vaccine?

Edited by Silver

Ah, my bad then. So a one time-infection does not grant one immunity, right? What a persistent disease. Aren't they currently developing a vaccine?

No, the disease is too contagious. All the researchers who were researching the disease got infected and didn't have any time to develop a vaccine. The government is currently looking for a scientist who doesn't like reading, as people who don't like reading seem to be immune to book-related hype disease. When the government finds this scientist, then true vaccine development will begin.

No, the disease is too contagious. All the researchers who were researching the disease got infected and didn't have any time to develop a vaccine. The government is currently looking for a scientist who doesn't like reading, as people who don't like reading seem to be immune to book-related hype disease. When the government finds this scientist, then true vaccine development will begin.

Sadly, I myself, despite studying to be the kind of scientist that could develop a vaccine, am very prone to severe cases of Hype Disease and therefore not suitable for this research. I might kindly refer the government to a few of my fellow students then, as I find it hard to believe they read anything ever.

On topic, can we use this thread also for dreams about WoR after WoR is officially released? I'm quite sure it will inspire some new wild dreams.

I dreamed that the book arrived i woke up so happy- then realization kicked in :blink: 

The only thing worse that the constant craving for the new release is like a month after you have read WOR and you start salivating waiting for Stones Unhallowed/Maybe Changed then having to wait 2 years  :unsure:

For that reason im scared to read it  :wacko:

I dreamed that the book arrived i woke up so happy- then realization kicked in :blink:

The only thing worse that the constant craving for the new release is like a month after you have read WOR and you start salivating waiting for Stones Unhallowed/Maybe Changed then having to wait 2 years  :unsure:

For that reason im scared to read it  :wacko:

For that reason, I'm scared too read it to fast. Will likely finish it within a couple days anyway. :(:)  :unsure:

Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic