Why Harmonium?

Amaror

Utterly speculative but I like the idea that it is Odium, free, and possibly with a new Vessel, that's doing the warring, and that Autonomy is doing a separate (though poooossibly) coordinated effort involving Bleeder's metal. Foreign god metals and new 'gods' is Autonomy's style. The red haze sounds too overt for Autonomy, that feels more Odium. 

We're told that you could say Autonomy helped Odium splinter d&d.i suspect any 'help' was similar - Autonomy wanting to undermine other Shards and that success weakening them enough to enable Odium to splinter them. That said that happened in human pre-history so it would have to be a different undermining to what she appears to be doing now. 

Huh. I ramble. 

5 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Utterly speculative but I like the idea that it is Odium, free, and possibly with a new Vessel, that's doing the warring, and that Autonomy is doing a separate (though poooossibly) coordinated effort involving Bleeder's metal. Foreign god metals and new 'gods' is Autonomy's style. The red haze sounds too overt for Autonomy, that feels more Odium. 

We're told that you could say Autonomy helped Odium splinter d&d.i suspect any 'help' was similar - Autonomy wanting to undermine other Shards and that success weakening them enough to enable Odium to splinter them. That said that happened in human pre-history so it would have to be a different undermining to what she appears to be doing now. 

Huh. I ramble. 

I understand the why people think its Odium. I even understand why people like the idea. 

I personally like the idea of, in book at least, Odium being contained to SA. 

I like the idea of him being painted as the Cosmere big bad by the things we know he's done off screen being set to create an expectation, only to have that jerked out from under us. 

6 minutes ago, Calderis said:

I understand the why people think its Odium. I even understand why people like the idea. 

I personally like the idea of, in book at least, Odium being contained to SA. 

I like the idea of him being painted as the Cosmere big bad by the things we know he's done off screen being set to create an expectation, only to have that jerked out from under us. 

I must admit I doubt it'll happen, if Odium escaped at the end of book 5, who the braize would be the bad guy. I think the back 5, or the end, could be set on braize. But it wouldn't make sense for Odium to leave. But, it doesn't bake sense to me that Autonomy will be a big bad, maybe very bad, but subtly. 

Maybe it's another Shard altogether. 

• Chaos locked this topic