Stormform enables Desolations

el_warko

From the mind that brought you, the Everstorm is a long way off and other preposterous hypotheses comes the newest, wildest speculation yet.

For many moons, the Parshendi knew only two forms, Dull and Mating. I propose that the other forms were forgotten on purpose as the Parshendi of old knew that when enough of them entered stormform, a desolation occured. And that Mating was only remembered to ensure the survival of the species.

The secret of Stormform has since been rediscovered and consequently, there will be a debate amongst the Parshendi as to whether to adopt it, with Eshonai (as a human lover and a fighter) being the dominant voice against.

These debates will be deadlocked over the ~58 odd days that are left (of the 62). Towards the end, T minus 1 or thereabouts, there will either be a major battle over the central plateau where Eshonai will die, or she will murdered at the hands of Sadeas during an attempt at diplomacy. Either way, the shard and plate that she has will be lost, she is their last shardbearer.

The surviving Parshendi will unilaterally pass the stormform motion and in the process become voidbringers and/or, summon . . . . . . .

The Skajaquada. Or a desolation / Everstorm.

Most likely not the Skajaquada.

Edited by el_warko

Hrm I'm not sure if I agree. Stormform seems more of a matter of binding spren from a highstorm such as Windspren to Parshendi. I think voidbringers and various void aligned creature are what happens when corrupted or voidish spren like beings are bound to parshendi.

The fact that highstorms create stormlight and stormform allows control of  highstorms strikes me that such a form would be the antithesis of voidbringers especially when it seems voidbringers eat stormlight for breakfast... or at least cancel eachother out.

Edited by Darkarma

It would make sense, given that then desolation is refered to as the 'Everstorm'. Also, it would be an interesting twist on what happened in Mistborn, with well-meaning human action bringing about the End of All Mankind.

However, Darkarma raises a good point about stormlight and higstorms. I think that the most likly expliation would be that sormform can be 'corrupted' by Odium somehow. Maybe and Odiumstorm will occur in 60ish days (35 real world days, as of this post) and Parshendi in Stormform will be exopsed to Odium's power and will turn into a Voidbringer.

Hrm I'm not sure if I agree. Stormform seems more of a matter of binding spren from a highstorm such as Windspren to Parshendi. I think voidbringers and various void aligned creature are what happens when corrupted or voidish spren like beings are bound to parshendi.

Syl saw 'stormspren' on the horizon, that she thought were dangerous.

The reason I raised this was mostly people seemd to be going Stormform - Highstorm.  I see Stormform - Everstorm.

Also, we don't know what kicks a desolation off in the first place.  We know some of the signals it is coming - Heralds appear out of thin air, a uptake in spen bonding action.  A super massive high storm brought about by the Parshendi might just be the signal for kick off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic