The Seventeenth Shard

SOM1else

Ok so we know that the Seventeenth Shard is a society that exists in the cosmere, however we don't know how they are organized or what their intentions are. I thought it might be a good idea to compile a list of who we think might be in it and what they are up to. I'll start with some of the ideas that I had. Note that this is mainly speculation and not a lot of evidence is backing this up.

1-Hoid, I think this might have been confirmed but I'm not sure, If there is a secret orginization of planet hoppers then he's practically guaranteed to be involved somehow.

2-The Selians in the Interlude

3-Sigzil (sort of, I think Hoid might be recruiting him but he's not aware of the society)

4-Rock's Teft's Parents, Thanks for the correction CrazyRioter Well I think that that group might be the Seventeenth Shard's headquarters on Roshar or they have something to do with them.

5-Dalinar Kholin, not a member yet but likely being recruited.

6-Sazed, If the SS are trying to restore Adonalsium then I think that Saze would want to help and they would be foolish to not let him join. He probably at least knows of their existance.

Edited by SOM1else

It's Teft's parents that were part of the special sect.

Also, Hoid is apparently at odds with the Seventeenth Shard, at least if he wrote that letter the epigraphs in WoK, because whoever wrote the letter asked the person they were writing to {apparently their leader} to please tell them to knock off following him.

I don't know if Sazed has to know about the Seventeenth Shard. They might, but if they are unaware that Hoid went there, they may not have gone there, and Sazed would be unaware.

Then again, Hoid will likely be in AoL, and Sazed will probably notice someone planet hopping (or manipulating the Shadesmar). That will lead him to learn about Hoid, which could lead to all sorts of things.

When I think of the Seventeenth Shard I think of a MIB sort of complex, with different people from different worlds all running around. And each world has it's own group of people who run stuff involved in it. Over the doors it would say "Scadrial Division" or "Roshar Division" or "Sel Division". *rimshot*

Yes, this post was entirely leading up to that pun.

• Chaos locked this topic