It's no secret that a lot of Sanderfans are still extremely hopeful to see some of our beloved author's books onscreen at some point. Much talk is made of Mistborn video games or a Steelheart movie, and I've seen much talk from people advocating a Stormlight television series. What I'm here to discuss is something very different: the Reckonerverse shown in a television universe, as I've seen suggested here and there around the forums.

While I love the Reckonerverse with all my heart, I'm puzzled at how a television series centered around the Reckoners would work. Until David Charleston joined their ranks, it seems like their adventures weren't exactly television material...

Episode 1: Pilot episode. The setting and characters are introduced, including the High Epic Redleaf. He is such a slontze that the Reckoners unanimously agree to make him their next target.

Episode 2: A long and lengthy meeting ensues, in which Prof lays out his plan for carrying out the hit. Abraham argues that after this they need to try hitting a more important Epic like Steelheart, but is brushed off.

Episode 3: The Reckoners rent an apartment but are annoyed to find that they have no internal heat. Cody attempts to make offerings to the Great Phouka that makes furnaces work.

Episode 4: Villain episode! The episode is told entirely from Redleaf's point of view. He is such a slontze that series ratings plummet dramatically, prompting the writers to swear never to do anything innovative again.

Episode 5: Tia's cola shipment arrives, but Prof is rude to the deliveryman. The other Reckoners teach him a valuable lesson about being kind to others.

Episode 6:  The Reckoners buy a helicopter. They accidentally sell Abraham's gun, in what the writers hope will become a running gag for the series.

Episode 7: Knighthawk sends the team their phone bill. Tia desperately tries to keep Prof from seeing how much she's spent on mobile game apps, knowing that the knowledge would drive him instantly evil.

Episode 8: Flashback time! Prof goes to a secret Reckoners summit in Babilar, leaving Tia to ponder the sequence of events that led her to drink her first cola. Prof later returns with a box of cookies that he refuses to share.

Episode 9: First of two parts. The Reckoners finally put their plans into motion in a bold move to assassinate Redleaf.

Episode 10: Second of two parts. The Reckoners' plan works perfectly with absolutely no complications. Prof leaps out of a helicopter and kills Redleaf. Afterwards they all go out for shawarma. Roll credits.

Am I the only one who thinks they'd need some sort of extra hook? I'd prefer to put focus on a slightly more adventurous Reckoners team, or better yet, focus on both Epics and other vanilla factions like the Oregon RPG does. But I'd be interested in hearing other members' ideas on how to spice up a Reckonerverse TV series.

Edited by Kobold King

Assassination work by the Reckoners would probably work better in movie format, simply because they contain much more planning than action, which would drag over ten plus episodes, and starting with a new assassination every episode would most likely not give them enough time. Something following vanillas in their dealings with Epics or just an Epic turf war would work better for the format, in my opinion.

I, for one, think that the epic turf war would be a great idea, giving lots of action, with most of the viewpoints from civilians, (possibly starting their own unofficial reckoners cell?) with occasional episodes with reckoners killing a few epics, and see how the city changes because they are gone.

Just some theorizing.

You forgot an episode.

Holiday Special: The Reckoners' celebration is going well. For a while, it appears the only crisis will come when Tia nearly runs out of cola...but cola crises are forgotten when a portly Epic dressed in red with a long white beard brings gifts to the city's children. Can the Reckoners stop Santa Disastra from delivering his deadly gifts in time for the holiday meal? Of course they can!

I, for one, think that the epic turf war would be a great idea, giving lots of action, with most of the viewpoints from civilians, (possibly starting their own unofficial reckoners cell?) with occasional episodes with reckoners killing a few epics, and see how the city changes because they are gone.

Just some theorizing.

That would be awesome. Maybe it could take place in Newcago after Steelheart, with their lady mayor as the protagonist attempting to keep her city safe? With the pilot episode featuring Instabam?

You forgot an episode.

Holiday Special: The Reckoners' celebration is going well. For a while, it appears the only crisis will come when Tia nearly runs out of cola...but cola crises are forgotten when a portly Epic dressed in red with a long white beard brings gifts to the city's children. Can the Reckoners stop Santa Disastra from delivering his deadly gifts in time for the holiday meal? Of course they can!

Don't forget the big musical number Cody gives about how Christmas was originally a Scottish holiday celebrating grapefruit. :P

You forgot an episode.

Don't forget the crossover with Elendel CIS: Mistborn is Newcago.

The gifts Santa gives... Could they be cookies?

I got Season 2: Spoilers follow!

Episode 1: Mitosis: Mitosis attacks Newcago, the Reckoners beat him but not kill him.

Episodes 2 and 3: repeat Episode 1 with Mitosis but with Instabam and the Kool- Aid lady, but in Episode 3 they meet up

Episode 4: Teamup: Reckoners team up with Dr. Charleston, a homeless Epic scientist, to fight all three Epics previously featured.

Episode 5: Cleanup: the team travels to Oregon to investigate Koschei the Deathless, a mysterious Epic, they end up battling Pink Pinkness and Doctor Funtimes, Doctor Charleston dies.

Finale ( twice the length): Reckoners team up with Val's group to battle Regalia, Koschei, Oblititeration, Backtrack and Surfer, a Epic with the power to manipulate Hawaiian Punch. The Reckoners defeat all of them but Surfer, and in retaliation he drowns Sam in sugary juice. A suprise appearance from Lopen and Stick saves the day and everyone eats cookies.

Good?

Edited by Venture Mistborn

Finale ( twice the length): Reckoners team up with Val's group to battle Regalia, Koschei, Oblititeration, Backtrack and Surfer, a Epic with the power to manipulate Hawaiian Punch. The Reckoners defeat all of them but Surfer, and in retaliation he drowns Sam in sugary juice. A suprise appearance from Lopen and Stick saves the day and everyone eats cookies.

That sounds like one of the greatest finales ever on television, but just for the record Backtrack isn't good for anything but comic relief for the villain's scenes. :P  (Also, is the Sam that gets drowned in sugary juice the one from Firefight or the one from the Reckoners RPG? :mellow:)

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize the original episode list has an unintended consequence.

I really want to see the Redleaf episode now. :wacko:

Forty minutes of the most diabolical Canadian ever featured on television.

"And you will be powerless to escape these bounds even as my maple syrup fills the chamber and drowns you. Feeling scared now, eh?"

Did I forget to mention he sounds just like one of the moose from Brother Bear? :P

Edited by Kobold King

Forty minutes of the most diabolical Canadian ever featured on television.

"And you will be powerless to escape these bounds even as my maple syrup fills the chamber and drowns you. Feeling scared now, eh?"

Did I forget to mention he sounds just like one of the moose from Brother Bear? :P

Are you trying to make me waver in my desire to see it? Because it's not working. :ph34r:

Does he also walk into a steakhouse five minutes before they close and order his steak well done, because Evil is Petty like that? :P

Sam is from Firefight.

Special bonus episode: included in Bluray Disc: We ran out mayonaise!: Tia makes Cody a sandwhich for lunch, but there is no mayonaise! Cody go's berserk, drinks Tia's COLA and runs off to the motherland to gather a army of leprechauns. Tia, out of COLA, battles Cody and destroys the world.

Edited by Venture Mistborn

• Chaos locked this topic