Copper Stunts

Oudeis

I can think of interesting ways to use almost every other metal, certainly of the common 8. Kell was a master of steel and iron, Breeze and Allriane made emotional Allomancy an art form. Bronze can, with care, provide valuable information about nearby Allomancers and pewter can be used for a surprising number of activities, even tin is interesting when you consider the difficulties of trying to ignore your other senses and focus on one, or flaring it to shake yourself awake when you're dazed. The Enhancement and Temporal metals are all a bit abstract but most have some use or other, at least when they interact with other metals.

What about copper? Can it do anything interesting? Like a few other metals, its effects seem to be binary; it is either 'on' or 'off'. There doesn't really seem to be much point in flaring it; it's powerful enough on its own to negate any normal bronze, and nowhere near powerful enough while flared to compensate for extremely powerful bronze. It protects you from emotional Allomancy, which is nice, though by the time of AoL it seems common knowledge that the same can be said of anyone with an aluminum lining in a headband.

So. Can anyone think of anything interesting or tricky that a Smoker could do? Any stunts that metal can pull of? Even if there's no support from the books to suggest that it's possible, anything not directly contradicting. I'm just looking for brainstorms.

Copper can duplicate the Bronze trick where you learn what emotions someone is trying to affect you with. If you suspect emotional allomancy, just give it a quick pulse, and see which emotions rise or fall while it's active and then return when it shuts off. Then you know how someone is trying to manipulate you, even if you can't tell whom.

Copper can duplicate the Bronze trick where you learn what emotions someone is trying to affect you with. If you suspect emotional allomancy, just give it a quick pulse, and see which emotions rise or fall while it's active and then return when it shuts off. Then you know how someone is trying to manipulate you, even if you can't tell whom.

Ooo, I like that one. Good trick!

While it'd be extremely difficult to pull off, it's within the realm of theoretical possibility for a coppercloud guy to shield other peoples' emotions. I figure if it's that tenuous and still a stunt...

Maybe you could train to *lower* the intensity of your coppercloud instead. Make it seem like the guys you're covering are unshielded but far away. Or *invert* it (somehow) so that you make the pulses louder instead of quieter.

Or 'concentrate' the cloud, so that it only covers a few feet of radius, but makes you totally undetectable to bronze.

Maybe if you work hard enough, you can counter the mist-piercing effects of tin within your bubble.

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

Maybe if you work hard enough, you can counter the mist-piercing effects of tin within your bubble.

We're not sure if that's possible, since we don't really understand how copper works. It's quite possible that it only masks detection and not the actual ability. The others are cool though.

In the RPG it's noted that copper can boost your willpower, allowing you to better resist blackmail or torture.

Iron Will: While burning Copper, you ignore 1 point of Willpower damage

from each successful attack. You may take this Stunt one additional time, increasing

the Willpower damage you ignore to 2.

I highly doubt it. Though it's normal for founding rules to be broken, copper only seems to block detection and if it blocked Bendalloy I'm pretty sure we'd here about it from Wax and Wayne. It's exactly the kind of thing they would mention back in the hideout fight, where Wax notes that Wayne has trouble with thugs.

We're not sure if that's possible, since we don't really understand how copper works. It's quite possible that it only masks detection and not the actual ability. The others are cool though.

I can't help but notice the similarity between copperclouds and aluminum.

And since aluminum apparently was designed to have weird effects on all allomantic powers... I dunno, seems like it should counter the 'you are more part of the mists, so you can see through them' thing that tin has going on.

The bit about blocking emotional allomancy is wierd. It seems that the mere act of burning it will shield you, and the cloud itself blocks allomancy. How that works is lost on me.

Possibly copper provides (lesser) sheilding from brass and zinc because they're in the same quadrant as it?

• Chaos locked this topic