Metallic Art Travel *SPOILERS*

Eric

This is brilliant.

Also, even if the time bubbles are anchored to the Earth's frame of reference, you could achieve the same effect by flickering the bubbles of the different reindeer. It would be hard to manage, but theoretically possible.

However, you don't explain how he fits down the chimney...

However, you don't explain how he fits down the chimney...

Simplicity itself: he puts on earrings made of Gold, Aluminum, Steel, Cadmium, and Bendalloy (all filled with heavily Compounded amounts of their respective properties. Then, tapping all of those except Gold and Aluminum, he quickly dismembers himself, making sure all the pieces fall down the chimney. His head falls last, still alive due to the oxygen and nourishment he is drawing from the Cadmium and Bendalloy Metalminds. Once his body is all in a pile in your fireplace, he taps the Goldmind to heal back into a working body (his bright red outfit will hide the bloodstains on him), and he can burn Bendalloy to create a speedbubble and clean up the mess in the fireplace*.

After that, he eats and milk and/or cookies available (good children make Bendalloy cookies for The Lord Santa), and sets out the presents for the good girls and boys. People tend to not notice him even if they are watching, since he fills his Aluminummind at 100% during all of this, but if the do notice, he immediately taps it fully, soon giving them to know that they've nothing to dread.

Finally he goes back into the fireplace and, laying a finger aside of his nose, throws up a new speedbubble, dismembers himself again (this time, he Steelpushes the pieces up using various bits of his jewelry wrapped around them, and then Lurches his head up at the end), re-assembles on the rooftop, and goes to the next house.

Merry Christmas to all!

-- Deus Ex Biotica

* Did your parents ever tell you to stop looking through the ashes in the chimney for Santa's footprints? It was because one of them had found there as a child, and was trying to spare you the trauma.

Actually, I wonder if it might not be even simpler. Storing physical nourishment requires that you eat excessively to maintain your body mass, while storing strength decreases muscle mass. Storing Strength and Energy (without eating right away) together would make you rail thin, while burning pewter (and possibly tapping/compounding healing) would leave you capable of movement. While he might still need to dislocate a lot, I don't think actual dismemberment is necessary. And there are cookies at the bottom.

Edited by Eric

Sure, go ahead and ruin my disturbing Christmas imagery with your logic. You get to murder almost 100 people to make your Reindeer, but I can't even have a few sentient Feruchemical heads dropping down chimneys. I see how it is. :D

And, yeah, I considered that he could store Strength to get thinner (why does Strength alter musclemass, but Weight does not affect density?), but there's a hard limit on how much you can shrink (your skeleton), and almost none for how much you can dismember.

I also have a theory for how he gets in if there's no chimney at all, which could also explain how he gets into other houses. He throws up a speed bubble (probably augmented by the nearest couple of Reindeer), taps his Copperminds for perfect knowledge of architecture and engineering, burns pewter, and then quickly dismantles a section of roof, builds a chimney of the proper size out of a supply of stone kept on the sleight for this purpose (he likes chimneys, alright?), and then goes down and does his work.

-- Deus Ex Biotica

There's another way; all he needs to do is talk to Hoid and he can be...

The Lord Santa in Shadesmar!

He goes into Shadesmar outside the house (making certain to keep all the cognitive presences of his presents with him), then returns to the physical realm inside. Same process, minus presents, to get back outside.

Speaking of presents, how is he going to transport them? Are they stored in Shadesmar? I'm not sure how to transport that many using only the metallic arts.

Also:

With the frame of reference for Bendalloy centered on the sleigh rather than the ground, there is 9x the effects of normal Bendalloy, roughly 72x the rate of time inside as out.

What makes you think the multipliers stack by addition? I would think that a bendalloy bubble inside a bendalloy bubble would be 8*8, so nine bubbles would be 89, or about 134,217,728x. Multiply that by 55 (base speed), and they're going at about 7 billion km/h when viewed from outside (Several times the speed of light as "viewed" from outside, but possible because they're only going 55 km/h inside.) Control might be an issue at that speed...but there is always compounded zinc.

What makes you think the multipliers stack by addition? I would think that a bendalloy bubble inside a bendalloy bubble would be 8*8, so nine bubbles would be 89, or about 134,217,728x. Multiply that by 55 (base speed), and they're going at about 7 billion km/h when viewed from outside (Several times the speed of light as "viewed" from outside, but possible because they're only going 55 km/h inside.) Control might be an issue at that speed...but there is always compounded zinc.

At that point, you're better off with compounded Chromium. Especially given the effects on the surroundings made by something moving at such omnicidal speeds in atmosphere. :)

It does certainly help explain how he knows if *everyone* is naughty or nice. He just writes notes to his past self after he's done delivering them, since he'll probably end up back in time.

• 1 year later...

You forgot to mention the littlest Inquisitor, who never fit in because he had an extra iron spike directly through his nasal cavity, until one Rulersmas when the Deepness was so thick, no one could see through it! The Lord Santa, though, knew what to do. He put the Littlest Inquisitor in front of his reindeer, who used f-brass to heat his nose spike until it glowed cherry red, lighting the way! All good little Obligators were astounded to wake up the next morning and find that The Lord Santa had delivered their presents after all.

It was a Rulersmas miracle!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

TLR Has enough Skill and Power with Allomantic steel and Allomantic iron, that he can tell weather a Metal is in flesh or not, and What type of metal it is. So whenever he see's a chunk of Calcium stop being Inside somone, he knows that their tooth has fallen out, so at night he takes his sleigh, rides to the person, and takes their tooth, leaing a Boxing in it's stead.

He's da Tooth Fairyas well!

Also, sorry for Thread Necroizing. I couldn't resist.

Edited by The Only Joe

I think you're missing one thing. TLR did create some artificial reindeer and kept 8 of them nearby at all times. Why do you think that the eyespikes were long enough to stick out of the back of the head?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring seriousness to a fun thread, but how would the Lord Ruler anchor the bendaloy bubble to the sleigh when Brandon said the bubbles are anchored to the planet? I'm not asking to disprove your concept, but to see if any new information that I haven't heard has arisen that would make this possible. I always like learning new things  :)

• Chaos locked this topic