1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Name: Zephyr

Appearance: Dark grey wings that are deformed so she can't fly so much as glide, long black hair kept in a braid, olive skin, honey brown eyes, about 5'7". Likes to wear clothes with lots of pockets.

Personality: Quiet, but not shy. Very easily distracted, but can tend to obsess over things she finds cool. Doesn't really care about people, just wants to explore the world. Very curious, loves nature - especially the more extreme aspects of it. Averted to violence, but not incapable of quick thinking in dangerous situations.

Other: always carries a wooden xiao flute in a sheath on her back. She never plays it. If she was on Earth she'd probably be diagnosed with ADHD. Lives with her adopted skyfolk parents. Has mild claustrophobia. 

She‘s 1/2 skyfolk, mixed with an unknown race.

Wow I admire your dedication; you’re very competent

As night fell, Zephyr crept out. Ah, the stars! she thought. Zephyr's parents rarely let her out of their heavily guarded house, and only during the day.

Which was exactly why she was running away.

The only things Zephyr carried with here was her flute and a small bag of provisions. Any more, and the servants would notice the missing items. Now, in the dead of night, everyone was asleep. Zephyr turned to her companion.

"I'm ready to go."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

As night fell, Zephyr crept out. Ah, the stars! she thought. Zephyr's parents rarely let her out of their heavily guarded house, and only during the day.

Which was exactly why she was running away.

The only things Zephyr carried with here was her flute and a small bag of provisions. Any more, and the servants would notice the missing items. Now, in the dead of night, everyone was asleep. Zephyr turned to her companion.

"I'm ready to go."

Charlotte: “Perfect. Where’s the nearest edge?”

Name: Charlotte

Appearance: A scale set in her skin at her collarbone (shimmery blue, cobalt with hints of sky blue), long black hair, pale skin, dark eyes, about 5'8". Generally wears a blue knee length dress with leggings.

Personality: quiet and calculating, sardonic unless she knows you. Extremely knowledgeable. When you know her, she gets nice. Good at bargaining, excellent poker face.

Other: excellent fighter, she’s a seafolk, so she has shiftable scales. She always keeps a lot of handy trinkets in a satchel with her. She angers easily, but has no trouble picking her battles. 

She’s a full seafolk.

3 hours ago, Ranryu said:

What language would upper-class skyfolk most likely speak? While we're at it, do they have any funny slang or swear words that Zephyr can use?

Upper class sky folk— Aestran for sure 

Swearwords—for now just Chasms

Slang—Put it up (prove it, subject it to scrutiny) 

Thats all I have for now—feel free to make stuff up

Zephyr speaks Aestran and Kellan, but cannot read or write in the latter.

"What's Javenaire like? My governress skimmed over my geography lessons."

She picks a pale blue flower off a plant and begins pulling the petals off one by one.

i made a mistake—Aestran and Kellan are the same thing. The two languages are Aestran and English.

Charlotte: “Big. Glittery. It’s cool.” Starts walking again “Everyone speaks Aestran, cuz hey, it’s the capitol of Aestra. And most speak English too. There are parties and dances. It’s okay, if you like that stuff.”