• Announcements

• Chaos

Oathbringer Spoiler Policy   11/13/2017

Oathbringer is out! Let's make our policy on spoilers clear! 1. You must preface topics with Oathbringer spoilers with the prefix [OB] in the front 2. You are only allowed to post spoilers and spoiler topics in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board, Cosmere Theories, and some select work-related forums. 3. For posts in the Oathbringer Spoiler Board you do not need to use spoiler tags inside a topic marked [OB]. For Cosmere Theories, you also do not need to put spoiler tags inside your topic if the topic has [OB] in the title. However, for Cosmere Theories, if you are adding Oathbringer stuff to an old theory without the [OB] tag, those must go in spoiler tags and you must make it obvious outside the spoiler tag that the spoiler is regarding Oathbringer content. 4. For select things that do require talking about OB spoilers, in Events, Coppermind, and Arcanum forums, those are allowed but keep OB spoilers in spoiler tags 5. Avoid and minimize spoilers in topic titles--even though those two boards will not appear in the Recent Topics ticker, topic titles still appear in Recent Activity and the forum home.  6. You aren't allowed to post Oathbringer spoilers in places other than listed, even with spoiler tags.  It will be nine months and then the Oathbringer board will be re-merged with the Stormlight board and you will not need to tag these spoilers. If you'd like to move something in the Stormlight Archive board to the Oathbringer board, to update it with new Oathbringer information, Report the post and we will happily move it to the Oathbringer spoiler board. Part-by-part Reactions Though the Oathbringer Spoiler Board will be very spoilery, very fast (maybe don't come there until you've read the book, as people do have copies that bookstores sold early), you'll have these five topics for reactions if you want to nerd out: Part 1 Reactions
      Part 2 Reactions
      Part 3 Reactions
      Part 4 Reactions
      Full Book Reactions For parts 1-4, they will not include the interludes immediately following it. On Discord All Oathbringer spoilers on Discord will be exclusively in the #oathbringer_spoilers channel for the nine month spoiler period and nowhere else.
Jerich

Adolin / Shardblades / Skybreakers (WOB - Seattle New Info / WOR Spoilers / Elantris Spoliers)

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing, nice info. *upvote*

The Adolin part was debated here numerous times.

Edited by shinintendo

On another thread about the Q and A in Seattle there was some hints that spren could turn into things other than objects up to something body sized like shardplate it is possible that if shardblades are missing a component of themselves and that is why they are screaming but if Andolin or someone else had the corresponding shardplate to their shardblade and spoke the first oath they might be able to become a surgebinder and revive the spren. Didn't Pattern said if the dead spren's Knight lived again something could be done. It was possible when Kalidin reivived syl with his oath.

Edited by armlesswriter

Very nice. Thanks for coming out of the darkness with such riches. :D

Thanks Jerich, it was great talking with you as well! And the other 17th Sharder you talked to was JamHeretic. (-:

Oh, wow, nice! Good questions, good answers.

i've been saying he should get that honor blade also

I think somebody from Bridge 4 should get the Honorblade. I mean, it didn't work that well with regular old Shardblade/plate, but I think Moash was really the only loose cannon. Teft or Sizgil definitely deserve that weapon. (At least let Sizgil experiment with the darn thing, for Storm's Sake!).
Can you imagine him flying along with Kaladin, trying to quantify the awesomeness that is Owning the Winds?

Why not just giving it to the Lopen ? As coming king of Herdaz it's just appropriate.

I don't think Syl wants anybody to get the Honoblade. She most certainly will not put up with one of Kaladin's squires getting the Honorblade.

But you know how good The Lopen is with girls!  Surely the glowing will win Syl over to his side.

Thanks Jerich, it was great talking with you as well! And the other 17th Sharder you talked to was JamHeretic. (-:

Yes, JamHeretic reminded me that the Elantris word I was looking for was Hoed so I could write my questions for Brandon.  Thank you Jam Heretic!  I also met a few other Sharders, one of whom recorded the entire book-signing so we should be able to get a transcript of everyone's questions.

I had to google MP for the second question. It means Military Police.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

@Morsk - I apologize for not explaining that term and just assuming everyone knew it.  I should have just typed it out in the question even though I said MP to Brandon.  I interpreted his reply to mean that the purpose of the Skybreakers is to watch the Knights Radiant and to make sure that they are living within the bounds of law.  They are the people that protect the rest of humanity from corrupt KR.

I don't think Syl wants anybody to get the Honoblade. She most certainly will not put up with one of Kaladin's squires getting the Honorblade.

Why would Syl dislike an Honorblade wielder? Those, as far as we know, are not "made of" dead spren - which is what she hates about regular Shardblades.

Thanks for the info! It's really done away with at least some of the concerns I had for Adolin following the end of WoR, whew. Now I can properly enjoy what he did!

Why would Syl dislike an Honorblade wielder? Those, as far as we know, are not "made of" dead spren - which is what she hates about regular Shardblades.

Syl doesn't trust Honorblades, since their wielders don't have a link to a spren and thus might do anything.

Still hoping to See Adolin as a Willshaper or nothing, but I suppose we'll see. Good to know he won't be a Skybreaker.

Syl doesn't trust Honorblades, since their wielders don't have a link to a spren and thus might do anything.

I think it also might have something to do with the fact that Honorblades are meant to be held by the Heralds and should not be in the hands of Normal Men.

Am I the first one to say that Callandor is the first Honorblade? :))

Seeing how often Callandor was used, I don't think anyone would get that blade too soon :D