Jerich

On another thread about the Q and A in Seattle there was some hints that spren could turn into things other than objects up to something body sized like shardplate it is possible that if shardblades are missing a component of themselves and that is why they are screaming but if Andolin or someone else had the corresponding shardplate to their shardblade and spoke the first oath they might be able to become a surgebinder and revive the spren. Didn't Pattern said if the dead spren's Knight lived again something could be done. It was possible when Kalidin reivived syl with his oath.

Edited by armlesswriter

I think somebody from Bridge 4 should get the Honorblade. I mean, it didn't work that well with regular old Shardblade/plate, but I think Moash was really the only loose cannon. Teft or Sizgil definitely deserve that weapon. (At least let Sizgil experiment with the darn thing, for Storm's Sake!).
Can you imagine him flying along with Kaladin, trying to quantify the awesomeness that is Owning the Winds?

Thanks Jerich, it was great talking with you as well! And the other 17th Sharder you talked to was JamHeretic. (-:

Yes, JamHeretic reminded me that the Elantris word I was looking for was Hoed so I could write my questions for Brandon.  Thank you Jam Heretic!  I also met a few other Sharders, one of whom recorded the entire book-signing so we should be able to get a transcript of everyone's questions.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

@Morsk - I apologize for not explaining that term and just assuming everyone knew it.  I should have just typed it out in the question even though I said MP to Brandon.  I interpreted his reply to mean that the purpose of the Skybreakers is to watch the Knights Radiant and to make sure that they are living within the bounds of law.  They are the people that protect the rest of humanity from corrupt KR.

I don't think Syl wants anybody to get the Honoblade. She most certainly will not put up with one of Kaladin's squires getting the Honorblade.

Why would Syl dislike an Honorblade wielder? Those, as far as we know, are not "made of" dead spren - which is what she hates about regular Shardblades.

Why would Syl dislike an Honorblade wielder? Those, as far as we know, are not "made of" dead spren - which is what she hates about regular Shardblades.

Syl doesn't trust Honorblades, since their wielders don't have a link to a spren and thus might do anything.

Syl doesn't trust Honorblades, since their wielders don't have a link to a spren and thus might do anything.

I think it also might have something to do with the fact that Honorblades are meant to be held by the Heralds and should not be in the hands of Normal Men.

• Chaos locked this topic