In the spirit of Christmas, A Survivorist hymn

FeatherWriter

You might be the single most tweeted fan at this point, Feather. This, the soulcaster, and I think there might have been one or two other things... :P

ARE THERE OTHER THINGS??? I knew he posted my Soulcaster on his blog a few years ago (with a similar freak out from me) and then this, but IS THERE MORE?

I am... singularly unable to handle everything to do with this whole situation.

I didn't know about the soulcast thing. You should  update your signature with all your achivements so we could keep track =)

PS: There is some kind of prize like icon or such to give to member in this forum ? If we don't have he should consider like some medal to put under the avatar =)

I vote to give Lady Feather the "Awesome Prize for Awesomeness" award=)

Edited by Natans

Ellen (fallenwithstyle) wrote a Survivorist hymn to the tune of “In the Bleak Midwinter” and I decided to try to perform it. I don’t know anything about audio editing and this is the first time I’ve recorded myself singing, so I’m a bit nervous, but the few people I showed it to have convinced me that I’m not going to embarass myself by posting it.

You needn't have worried, you have a good voice :) Have you had any vocal training?

Just so you know that someone does recall the soulcaster:

url = http://www.17thshard.com/forum/gallery/image/128-soulcaster-1jpg/

this one I believe :)

Edit: and Kurk Ninja'd me of course :P

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I've never actually been trained or anything, but I've been singing for years!

And fun fact, I actually ended up taking some pictures of the Soulcaster today before any of this went down. Trying to make it look like I was Shallan or something like that. Much nicer looking than those original ones, certainly.

1.jpg

2.jpg

And fun fact, I actually ended up taking some pictures of the Soulcaster today before any of this went down. Trying to make it look like I was Shallan or something like that. Much nicer looking than those original ones, certainly.

Oh my word, your safehand is showing, how scandalous!

Congrats on getting recognized for your singing! (I was hoping Brandon would come across it)

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THOSE PICTURES HAVE YOUR SAFEHAND IN THEM.

Well, colour me impressed then :) You sing very well for someone without training.

Also, nice pictures. (Though as Weiry and theShogun said, I'm fairly sure this site is supposed to be kept child-friendly ;) )

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Hehehe, well you couldn't expect me to wear such an illicitly stolen holy device openly on my freehand, could you?

(And more seriously, it's REALLY hard to put that on without help, and pretty much impossible with my non-dominant hand. Also, I an only take pictures with my right hand because of the way the camera's set up.)

FWIW, I originally posted the lyrics here on 17S a couple years ago in the comments for the Christmas giveaway--someone else started re-writing Christmas songs with Mistborn-themed lyrics and I just jumped on the bandwagon! Feather you are really awesome for recording it.

You might be the single most tweeted fan at this point, Feather. This, the soulcaster, and I think there might have been one or two other things... :P

ARE THERE OTHER THINGS??? I knew he posted my Soulcaster on his blog a few years ago (with a similar freak out from me) and then this, but IS THERE MORE?

I am... singularly unable to handle everything to do with this whole situation.

Ahem, Feather: a challenger appears!

(still not over that "best inquisitor ever" comment)

FeatherWriter might be the holder of the Shard of Modesty....

but seriously, good song. Kudos to writer and singer and whoever had a hand in it. (Were the violins/background music you too?)

And congrats on the retweets, on any and all occasions.

Edit: lol thanks I should read more carefully XD

Edited by Gamma Fiend

• Chaos locked this topic