Is there a Brandon book that explains the Shards?

Ilona

Question

Hi guys!

I was wondering if there is a specific book in which the Shards(not the Blade/Plate) are explained? Because I just finished Oathbringer and a lot of forum topics mention things like Adonalsium and Shards and I was just wondering how everyone knows about this. If it is all just WoB(a term I've also just learned) I will just read the coppermind page, but if it is explained in a book I would rather read it there since I'm doing a big reread of Brandons books anyway!

Thankss!

11 answers to this question

Not really.  You get a fair amount of information form Mistborn and Stormlight Archive books, since they deal directly with the shards, and I think Arcanum Unbounded (short story collection) probably has some, though i'd have to go back and take a look to be sure, but probably 80+% is WoB

Thanks! I have read the first three mistborn books, but that was 6 years ago, so I will reread those and then read on Coppermind! Thanks for answering so fast:)

I'm looking forward to finally understanding what everybody is talking about haha

1 minute ago, Ilona said:

Thanks! I have read the first three mistborn books, but that was 6 years ago, so I will reread those and then read on Coppermind! Thanks for answering so fast:)

I'm looking forward to finally understanding what everybody is talking about haha

No prob

There's always someone scrolling and willing to answer over here

Happy rereads!

1 hour ago, Ilona said:

What tends to happen to most people is they ask about 20 questions that one of the more experienced sharders answers (for me it was cal) and that gets them mostly up to speed.

50 minutes ago, Karger said:

What tends to happen to most people is they ask about 20 questions that one of the more experienced sharders answers (for me it was cal) and that gets them mostly up to speed.

Haha yeah I'll probably have tons of questions too. Already I am wayyyy too deep in all the Arcanum posts searching for stuff, I just love how organized it all is!

On 7/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, EdmontonOilers#1Fan said:

Which is sooo frustrating haha! We need MORE!! I can't wait until we start to get more and more information about the Shards, Adonalsium, etc. etc.

Yes we definitely need more information about Adonalsium.