Greetings to all you lovely fantasy fans. I have attained Enlightenment upon registering on this website.

I live in Australia, Melbourne and I have been an avid fantasy and sci-fi fan since I was a child.
I remember discovering the Deltora Quests in my primary school library which set me adrift in the wonderful world of dreams and fantasy.

The most profound moment of my reading life was when i started reading the Pellinor Quartet by Allison Croggon when i was 12.
The first book, The Gift, was among the first high fantasy books i've read, and i found myself believing that the world Croggon crafted was a world that existed prior to the modern civilization. I searched for the poems and epics the book quoted in the local library, and, much to my dismay, wasn't able to find them.
Since then, i have included fiction and fantasy as a part of my daily diet. I would consume anything i could get my hands, be it books, novels, comics or manga.

Below are lists of my favourites:

Favourite works of fiction

1. Tower of God by SIU
2. The Emperor’s Soul by Brandon Sanderson
3. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
4. The Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett
5. The Empire Trilogy by Raymond E. Feist & Jimmy Wurt
6. The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
7. Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
8. The Sandman by Neil Gaiman
9. Spice and Wolf by Isuna Hasekura
10. The Horus Heresy (Warhammer 40k

Favourite authors

1. SIU (Slave In Utero) - Author/Artist of Tower of God
2. Brandon Sanderson
3. Peter V. Brett
4. Neil Gaiman
5. Joss Whedon - Firefly, Serenity
6. Isuna Hasekura - Spice and Wolf

Favourite TV Shows/Anime

1. Ghost in the Shell
2. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
3. Firefly by Joss Whedon
4. Serenity by Joss Whedon
5. Spice and Wolf
6. Psychopass
7. Game of Thrones

I am also an active gamer, with most the competitive success in FPS titles such as Quake 3 and Counter-Strike 1.6

I don't play competitively anymore, only for leisure. I currently play League of Legends, Osu! and Starcraft II.

If anybody chances across this and would like to converse with me (on books, comics, Animes, Mangas, T.V shows or games), contact me here or by Skype.

I would love to know somebody of similar interests.

Glad to be a part of this awesome community!

Websites:

It looks like we are under siege from Melbourne these days... Still, all are welcome! Especially after such a pretty introductory post and a reference to "high fantasy" - for some reason I don't hear fantasy described this way anymore. Very rarely, at best.

Upvote for Tower of God. I'm not too familiar with SIU, if they've done anything else. But Tower of God is a good manga. Or, excuse me. Manwha. (Dang anal koreans). I just like how most of the battles are very 'rule' oriented. Very well thought out.

If ya love worldbuilding and fantasy, why not try and check out what Sanderson finished of for Robert Jordan? With14 books, the Wheel of Time series is a juicy few bites to sink your teeth into.
And welcome to the forums. (And I agree, there have been quite a few new members from Melbourne recently)

• Chaos locked this topic