Not a Herald...

Senor Feesh

Even though this is not an "illustration", I guess this is not how I pictured Hoid...  

Maybe it is just that he looks like he is going to a masked ball.   Speaking of this, is it a possibility that Hoid change his appearance when going to other worlds?  

He's done it at least once,

on Scadrial. In WoA he meets Elend disguised as a Terrisman.

Also, the 17th Shard on Roshar state he might be in disguise, or under an assumed name.

EDIT - It's a cross-cosmere spoiler, so I've included tags as this is a WoK thread.

Edited by Senor Feesh

He's done it at least once,

on Scadrial. In WoA he meets Elend disguised as a Terrisman.

Also, the 17th Shard on Roshar state he might be in disguise, or under an assumed name.

EDIT - It's a cross-cosmere spoiler, so I've included tags as this is a WoK thread.

I know he was in disguise, but I am referring to actual facial differences.  I can put on a disguise now and "be somebody else" but I am thinking of something like the Faceless Men from GoT.  I do not think we know if this is the case yet.  Could be interesting.

Of course technically he's always under a false name.

Yes of course.  And this is technically the second Hoid from what I understand.  So maybe not even a name, more of a title?

I don't really want to know details, honestly, since I like reading stuff as Brandon publishes it. I'm quite frustrated by the presence of a single copy of Dragonsteel at BYU, really  :P

This is really difficult for me as well.  I tried an interlibrary loan, but it got rejected and after checking on the BYU library site, their are still 5 requests for this book, so it is a "get in line" situation.

Hasn't someone just scanned and made a PDF out of it yet!!!! :P

He says that Hoid is a pseudonym in Stormlight Archive, IIRC.

Uhhm, surely not only in TWoK/SA because Hoid shows up as Hoid in The Final Empire (Ch. 19). 

Or did I misunderstand you? 

Uhhm, surely not only in TWoK/SA because Hoid shows up as Hoid in The Final Empire (Ch. 19). 

Or did I misunderstand you?

Check his conversation with Kaladin... I don't have an ebook, lemme dig up my paper copy for a transcript...

"Well, what do men call you now?"

"Many a thing, and only some of them polite. Almost all are true, unfortunately. You, however, may call me Hoid."

"Your name?"

"No. The name of somone I should have loved. Once again, this is a thing I stole."

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

• 2 weeks later...

This is really difficult for me as well.  I tried an interlibrary loan, but it got rejected and after checking on the BYU library site, their are still 5 requests for this book, so it is a "get in line" situation.

Hasn't someone just scanned and made a PDF out of it yet!!!! :P

I tried this as well.  However, they just rejected me outright, and didnt even get in the line.  I would have had it for at most 3 days plus or minus shipping.

• Chaos locked this topic