Goodreads Sanderson interview

Aethling

I received an internal Goodreads message stating they will be doing a Sanderson interview for their January monthly publication. Unfortunately, the deadline for questions is 12/12/2012. If anyone wants more info, I can copy and paste it to you if you are on Goodreads.

For those not on Goodreads, message is below:

We are interviewing author Brandon Sanderson for the Goodreads monthly newsletter. His new book is A Memory of Light, the final book in the Wheel of Time series. Add the book & find out more...

I am asking his readers to submit questions about his books and anything you're curious about in general. If you send me a question, we may be able to include it!

* You received this message because you gave 5 stars to a book by Brandon Sanderson. To participate, please click below to reply to this message with your question by Wednesday, December 12.

* Look for the interview in January in the Goodreads Newsletter and online:

http://www.goodreads.com/voice

Cheers,

Jessica Donaghy

Goodreads Features Editor

Thanks for the offer. I might throw in a few questions...

-Is Denth technically the king of Idris, or is he an offshoot that happened to keep the Royal Locks for some reason?

-Why does The Lord Ruler spend time as an old man, if he can just Compound (previously compounded) Age instead?

-Are Conjoiner fabrials sensitive enough that pairs of them attached to taught membranes could work as telephones?

-Is it the case that only native Scadrialians can use Hemalurgy to "spike" attributes out of victims?

(Possibly watch this space for EDITS up 'till zero hour).

Edited by Kurkistan

Might you want to actually confirm that Denth is a member of the Royal Locks family? I'd be completely shocked if he was, so you might want to ask about that first, because if he's not, that question isn't going to be helpful. You could always make it into a two part question.

I will answer your query in two parts.

First of all, I will change my member-description to "Guy who was totally wrong about Denth's lineage" for a full month (if someone reminds me) if it turns out that Denth doesn't have the Royal Locks, so--from my perspective--I'm digging for a bit more information from a solid presumption, without giving the impression of asking too much at one time.

--Side note: You want in on that bet, Windrunner?

Second, I am hesitant to overload the question and make it look too complicated to the good folk at Goodreads. Right now it looks like a very specific question asked by a knowledgeable fan; one that the author won't have much trouble answering. Start throwing in multiple question marks and caveats and things get scary.

Brandon can also still just say "well, Denth doesn't have the Royal Locks, so..." easily enough as it is.

Edited by Kurkistan

I will answer your query in two parts.

First of all, I will change my member-description to "Guy who was totally wrong about Denth's lineage" for a full month (if someone reminds me) if it turns out that Denth doesn't have the Royal Locks, so I'm digging for a bit more information from a solid presumption, without giving the impression of asking too much at one time.

--Side note: You want in on that bet, Windrunner?

Second, I am hesitant to overload the question and make it look too complicated to the good folk at Goodreads. Right now it looks like a very specific question asked by a knowledgeable fan; one that the author won't have much trouble answering. Start throwing in multiple question marks and caveats and things get scary.

Brandon can also still just say "well, Denth doesn't have the Royal Locks, so..." easily enough as it is.

Isn't Denth a Returned? So, technically, he has the Royal Locks but he can change anything about his appearance, not just his hair?

Edited by Thor