Honor's words

Pratyaksh

In one of the visions honor said something like ' without the dawnshards the best way to defeat odium is to get him to agree to a contest of champions.' but we were introduced to the dawnshards so might they play a more important role in book 5 than we originally thought?

Probably not in book 5, we'll have to wait till the back 5

Jory Michael Phillips

You feel as strongly about Dawnshard's relevance to the series as you did about Edgedancer?

Brandon Sanderson

It's a little of an odd duck, in that it's super relevant to the cosmere, but less so in relation to Stormlight. Unlike Lift, Rysn's story isn't directly intertwined with that of the main Stormlight characters.

Miscellaneous 2020 (Oct. 14, 2020)

L0rdenglish

There's going to be more dawnshard stuff in the rest of the SA right? Like I couldnt bare it if you introduce this cool as hell concept of the literal words of creation, and then I have to wait like 10 years for more dawnshard goodness to show up.

So for the sake of my sanity can you just confirm that its not gonna be another decade before we hear/see more about them?

Brandon Sanderson

There will be more, but not much more in the first five.

Dawnshard Annotations Reddit Q&A (Nov. 9, 2020)