Realmatic Attributes: A Classification of Magics

Chaos

*Bumps accidentally into thread...*

This WoB on Forgery might be of interest to the discussion.

Source:

QUESTION

The magic in The Emperor's Soul, is that the only magic you've written that there is a spiritual part to it in your magic trio?

BRANDON
Umm... All of them have some little dabbling in it, it is the most related to the Spiritual Realm-- Of the ones I have shown, certainly it is the most related.

You slotted Forgery in as "50 Cognitive, 40 Spiritual, 10 Physical" in the OP, and also placed a lot of emphasis on the Cognitivity of Selian magics in general—emphasis which I agreed with, within the framework.

How might we want to deal with this WoB saying it's the "most related to the Spiritual Realm", then?

Edited by Kurkistan

*Bumps accidentally into thread...*

This WoB on Forgery might be of interest to the discussion.

Source:

You slotted Forgery in as "50 Cognitive, 40 Spiritual, 10 Physical" in the OP, and also placed a lot of emphasis on the Cognitivity of Selian magics in general—emphasis which I agreed with, within the framework.

How might we want to deal with this WoB saying it's the "most related to the Spiritual Realm", then?

Maybe the forms selian magic uses are programs to alter the spiritual, which in the case of forgery can get rejected by the cognitive. Kind of like an magical mix between an autoimmune reaction and rejecting a foreign object in the body.

Edited by Edgedancer

• 2 months later...

*totally not a shameless bump and no I did not "save" this reply just so I could bump the thread later*

Maybe the forms selian magic uses are programs to alter the spiritual, which in the case of forgery can get rejected by the cognitive. Kind of like an magical mix between an autoimmune reaction and rejecting a foreign object in the body.

A good way to phrase it, I think. Maybe you should step into my office to discuss the mechanism further...

• Chaos locked this topic