Adolin's Future

Vessel of Theory

On 12/28/2020 at 10:59 PM, GroundPetrel said:

That's what Ruin is for, though.  Ruin is all about entropy--inimical to civilization but essential to life.  Odium is about hate, though--Ruin is dangerous, but essential, Odium is just plain dangerous.  

I disagree about it not being a essential,  Hatred, anger,  and Passion,  Are most certainly dangerous things and Depending on the circumstances or how they're used evil. But not necessarily so someone who hates injustice or who hates cruelty  isn't evil  and I would argue that someone who doesn't hate these things is. 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:33 PM, Vessel of Theory said:

I like this theory of yours! I just see one problem with it: Sazed is about to retire. Remember how in one of his early letters(Part 2 of RoW, prob around chap. 30) he talks about "not fitting" the shards well, and grooming someone else to fit them better? He didn't say it outright, but it sounds to me like he's grooming someone(prob Wax, idk) to take up Harmony. He says that Scadrial needs someone who can see fighting as a way to protect - essentially Ruin, but with Preservation's Intent.

I like the idea that(I think you're going here) Sazed might become Adonalsium, but I don't see Sazed as the kind of person who wants that. He wants to teach religions, not be religions. He speaks so casually to Wax, it's almost like they're equals. IMO, Sazed is tired of being Harmony and doesn't believe he fits the role. Maybe someone will convince him that he does, or that he needs to stay as Harmony, but I just don't think so. No solid evidence, just a hunch :)

I don't think that if Adonalsium is resurrected  A vessel could use him to ascend.  Remember they were no shards no vessels when are the Adonalsium was whole,  They only exist now because each shard is incomplete  and so seeks out vessel.  It would have no need to do that if Adonalsium was whole.  

On 1/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, Eri said:

As much as I don't like him to die, I agree with you that it's highly probable, and Adolin is the most likely to die of all main characters. :( 

Also, if anyone gets Honor (I really don't think Honor+Odium), my bets are on Dalinar and Kaladin.

I think Odium will stay with Vargo for the next 5-6 books, until he dies (well, dies more) and it gets Splintered or merged into some Multishard. Unless… Thaidakar, maybe?

I  Don't think anyone in the 1st 5 or anyone of the currently introduce characters will become honor. I think odium will stay confined after book 5 I think Dallinar will join him of his own free will I think this will turn out to be a good thing.