Another Nalthis connection

Brgst13

In RoW, we learned that Roshar has 3 pure tones, and each of them have a color.  On Nalthis, they worship the Iridescent Tones.  This seems likely to be related.  I wonder if Endowmentlight is a mother-of-pearl type color.  Also, it is interesting that this is a plural.  This makes me question if Nalthis had a second Shard at one point (least likely), has remnant mythology from Yolen immediately post-Shattering (unlikely) or knows about the Tones of Roshar and is including them (most likely).

No good can come of two Shards settling in one location. It was agreed that we would not interfere with one another, and it disappoints me that so few of the Shards have kept to this original agreement. 

—Endowment[5]

That quote comes from the Oathbringer Chapter 39 epigraph. Pretty definitive proof there were no other shards with Endowment on Nalthis.

While the connection between the Iridescent Tones and the Pure Tones of Roshar is interesting, I think it probably has more to do with the nature of Investiture itself than a specific reference to Roshar's tones. That is, maybe Investiture has a musical/rhythmic component to it in all the Cosmere worlds, we just don't understand them yet. A poster in another thread brought up the Allomantic "pulses" that Seekers can hear, which I think may support my theory. 

Edited by skewh
Fix a typo

50 minutes ago, skewh said:

While the connection between the Iridescent Tones and the Pure Tones of Roshar is interesting, I think it probably has more to do with the nature of Investiture itself than a specific reference to Roshar's tones. That is, maybe Investiture has a musical/rhythmic component to it in all the Cosmere worlds, we just don't understand them yet. A poster in another thread brought up the Allomantic "pulses" that Seekers can hear, which I think may support my theory. 

Yes, I think that was me, and I agree with your theory. It would be very interesting to see what a Seeker (or a Mistborn burning bronze) would hear on Roshar and Nalthis. Come to think of it, hasn't Hoid ingested Lerasium during his stay on Scadrial? I seem to remember that during his first meeting with Shallan, she sees him ingest a metal. Could Seeking be used to detect Nahel Bonds perhaps? 

Also, when used for Hemalurgy, Bronze steals Mental Allomantic powers (Copper steal Mental fortitude and ability). In Feruchemy, Bronze stores wakefulness (Copper stores memories). Or more briefly it is a Cognitive metal.
Reference: https://coppermind.net/wiki/File:Feruchemical_table.jpg

I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but perhaps it is related to how the spiritual (investiture) manifests not just as matter (metal, liquid, gas) but also as energy (light, waves, heat). Interestingly a Cognitive metal, Brass, acts as a Feruchemical store of heat (kinetic energy).