A Thread for Some Observations as of Chapter 34

Grytorm

Helli agagaagagaiagagaagagain ... I am going to leave that.

I have gotten 400 pages into Rhyth of War and want to talk about it a little. I've liked the book so far though the first segment wasn't my favorite. Mostly because Kaladin was a little annoying until he found his new direction. In other news a few ideas I have had since Oathbringer seem to be right. Others not so much.

My idea that the Ghostbloods were vaguely on the Radiant side fits with Mraize's comments.

My thoughts on the purpose of the Everstorm was at least partially wrong. I thought it had two main goals. The evident sewing of chaos and awakening of the Singers was to prepare things for the Fuseds arrival. I think that besides the chaos the Parshmen had to be awakened so that the Fused could enter the world. What I definitely got wrong was I assumed that the Everstorm allowed the releated return of the fused but by now I know that this isn't true.

Sja-Anet's interlude supports, at least a little, my idea that the Shard of Odium is at least a little more complicated than pure hatred.

Also my theory on Death Rattles is as of yet untested. I think the reason Odium harvests them is to take advantage of their Connection. Their are two possibilities for why he would do this. He could be crowdsourcing prophecy to error check his own predictions. If a lot of people see something he hasn't then he can take a closer look at that possibility. He could also have possibly unmade Moelach as a buffer between himself and Roshar. By holding himself at a distance and borrowing connection from others he avoids having to invest directly to gain foresight.

I think I had something else but I can't remember for now.