I Grasp At Straws (Dustbringers)

On the page detailing information about the ten orders of Knights Radiant(on Brandon Sanderson's website), every Order's symbol follows a pattern. The edge of the picture is rimmed by the same color as the symbol itself, while the background color is a lighter or darker shade of that color. The Dustbringers are the only exception to this. Their glyph is red, with a grey/black background and slightly darker black outer edge. Do you guys think this could be significant?

If this has already been brought up, I'm sorry. I didn't see it. And, the detail struck me as an odd inconsistency.

Edited by BasementDwellingRadiant

So, no, I don't think that it is really significant.

The Dustbringer color and the Lightweaver color are very similar so having two of very similar colors would be very confusing. As for the backgrounds, the Lightweaver one might be white, or just a really pale pink. I think that it is just something that the Brandon chose to do. 

I don't know. Maybe it is significant, but the dustbringer color in the tWoK KR double eye is orange, not a deep red. maybe this is something that kind of slipped past Brandon as he finishes up RoW

It might be an aesthetic choice - the symbol in the middle is probably meant to look like fire (due to "spark" being the Essence associated with Dustbringers) and would seem less so with a red framework. So now it looks like fire in the dark? That makes me think about what the other symbols are meant to represent (some guesses ... Windrunners = wings, Skybreakers = sword, Truthwatchers = plant, Bondsmiths = crown), but that's a different topic I guess.

It could also have a meaning related to how the Dustbringers' sprens are not on the side of the other Radiant Orders anymore, but I doubt that. I would guess that these symbols predate that development.

36 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

but the dustbringer color in the tWoK KR double eye is orange, not a deep red

It's actually a somewhat brighter shade of red (in comparison to the Lightweaver's deep red). Orange is the Stonewards color, although it looks kinda brown on the Way of Kings chart. If you look at the Radiant Quiz symbols, the Dustbringer red isn't all that deep either, especially compared to the Lightweaver red. I think it all works out.

Edited by Elegy
spelling

So we have this link

So maybe it is just me, but I see the Dustbringer glyph as a spectrum of red orange -> orange depending on the zoom level. The Stoneward one looks copperish, and the Bondsmith one looks more yellow-green than gold the coppermind version of the endpapers

Edited by GoWibble
it still isn't adding the images!!

56 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

So we have this link

So maybe it is just me, but I see the Dustbringer glyph as a spectrum of red orange -> orange depending on the zoom level. The Stoneward one looks copperish, and the Bondsmith one looks more yellow-green than gold the coppermind version of the endpapers

Yeah I see where you're coming from. But I think the colors they chose for the Quiz are more reliable, since the symbols on that chart, from what it looks like, are made from gemstones, so there is some lightning/shimmering going on, which makes it kinda muddy in places what the actual colors are supposed to be. The Quiz icons are clearer and from an official source just as well, which is why I would prioritize them when it comes to the color associations. But yeah, Stonewards look pretty bronze on the WOK chart.