Random Thoughts

PrinceCatel

I'm just thinking outloud here, but I wanted to get some feed back on some cosmere-related things I've noticed. These aren't really theories per se, but just ideas I've had. Not really sure on the whole "spoiler" definition, so I'm just going to add this all in a spoiler so I don't ruin anything for anyone. If that's not right, it's just one extra click anyway!

I have recently become obsessed with the Zahel = Vasher theory, and am completing a re-read of Warbreaker to research more on this theory and the general workings of the cosmere as a whole. A few similarities a notice (whether they are important or accurate is yet to be determined):

- When Siri is teaching Susebron the alphabet, the first letter she points out is "shash". Sound familiar? maybe linked to a certain glyph used on Roshar in Stormlight Archive? Maybe all languages in the cosmere are derived from one language? Does anyone know any other language-related similarities between books?

- Denth takes Vivenna to meet with Forgers to create some fake government documents. Granted these men were going to be forging documents, but I found the capitalization of Forgers rather significant, given their appearance in The Emporer's Soul.

- I've read that Brandon has hinted at a Terris woldhopper in Warbreaker, effectively tying into Scadrial and Mistborn as well. I'm still looking into this though.

- Is it possible all Worldhoppers are some sort of "Returned" beings? The 17th Shard members we see in tWoK seem to support this theory: Galladon is a "returned" Elantrian and Demoux is arguably "reborn" after Sazed joins Preservation & Ruin to form Harmony. If Zahel = Vasher is true, then he is both a worldhopper and a Returned. I think from what we know about Hoid, he shows up throughout the entire cosmere and definitely seems to have much more involvement with "magic" than a normal person should.

I dont have nearly enough time as I would like to devote to looking through these forums, so I;m sure these ideas have already been discussed or dismissed somewhere else, but I'd love to hear some feedback on people that know a little more about the cosmere than I do.

I think there is confirmation on a couple of these, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't have the links to them either way. BUT, pretty sure that the Terriswoman was guessed correctly and confirmed at one point.... it didn't seem all that groundbreaking to me other than the point that there are Terris worldhoppers at that time. Also I think Brandon came out and said that the languages were not the same, but that was a coincidence. Last, I think we do have confirmation that Zahel is Vasher. Someone will likely be along soon to  provide links, but I didn't want to just leave this sitting here.

Also, in this subforum, everything is fair game. No such thing as spoilers.

Uh, wasn't Forgery something he thought up fairly late (after he already wrote Warbreaker)? Could be wrong on that front though. Even so, Forgery is most definitely region specific, and would need a ton of jury-rigging to work. Plus, if Brandon's adding worldhoppers, he's not going to make their magical abilities so overtly known. And Forgery isn't actually any good for forging papers, as these forgers are known for doing– you need a giant seal, a plausible history, and you're going to have to restamp it anyway after a while.

• Chaos locked this topic