Hello there!

Hey everyone!  NottTheBrave here, or you can call me Hunter.  Just earlier today I finished my first piece of marvelous fiction by Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings. I adored it.  It took me nearly a year and a half to fully read due to many circumstances including having a pile of other books to read for college.  Regardless, I persevered and finished it earlier today, and it really spoke to me.

My dream since I was little has always been to be a storyteller.  I've dealt with depression since I was young, and I've always had a voice telling me I couldn't do it.  I felt like that voice was represented in Way of Kings through Kaladin's arc.  I really connected to him, and no matter how the rest of the story goes (no spoilers) it's been a major inspiration to me.

I'm still really fresh to the consmere, but I knew I had to join up and shout my love for the one book I've read to all who could hear it!  I've already bought it for both my parents and convinced a friend to give it a try too.  I'm really looking forward to talking, especially as I make my way through the other books, with all you cool people! 

12 minutes ago, NottTheBrave said:

Hey everyone!  NottTheBrave here, or you can call me Hunter.  Just earlier today I finished my first piece of marvelous fiction by Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings. I adored it.  It took me nearly a year and a half to fully read due to many circumstances including having a pile of other books to read for college.  Regardless, I persevered and finished it earlier today, and it really spoke to me.

My dream since I was little has always been to be a storyteller.  I've dealt with depression since I was young, and I've always had a voice telling me I couldn't do it.  I felt like that voice was represented in Way of Kings through Kaladin's arc.  I really connected to him, and no matter how the rest of the story goes (no spoilers) it's been a major inspiration to me.

I'm still really fresh to the consmere, but I knew I had to join up and shout my love for the one book I've read to all who could hear it!  I've already bought it for both my parents and convinced a friend to give it a try too.  I'm really looking forward to talking, especially as I make my way through the other books, with all you cool people! 

Welcome, glad you are here! Which character besides Kaladin is your favorite so far?

Welcome! As they said, do not eat a cookie, or pledge anything to anyone, even if it seems harmless....

If yiu want to be a storyteller, I would recommend the RP section of the shard, which is at the bottom of the Forums

52 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Welcome, glad you are here! Which character besides Kaladin is your favorite so far?

You know, I actually have a hard time picking a favorite!  The Way of Kings is one of those rare books where any time the perspective changed to a different characters PoV, I wasn't upset or annoyed.  Each character offered me something different and captivating.  I also enjoyed all the side characters.  I recall not really enjoying a couple of the interludes, but that's such a small portion of the overall story that I couldn't knock it at all for them.  If I had to pick any one character to hear more about, I'd love more Jasnah.  Which, based just off the prologue of Words of Radiance, I'll be getting! 

Thanks for the welcome's everyone!  I'll be sure to not accept any cookies...

• 6 months later...