1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Walker
    • Definitely Walker
    • Sooooooooo, Walker
    • No way Walkr loses
    • Tie
    • That old guy.
    • Voidus

So what you’re basically saying is that it’s a standoff between you and Ark and no one is going to resume the duel until one of you gives in?

Well that’s just great but then what am I supposed to do? If you’re going to suspend the duel until Ark does what you want, and he’s going to do the same, then that just means I have a character (Lusk) who’s currently stuck in the duel where I could be using him elsewhere.

So is this standoff thing really what you two are going to be doing?

Edited by I think I am here.

My question is, whether or not you have an argument with this. If not, I don't have to listen to Ark's non possibility arguments, becuase he would be out of his bounds as a moderator. If you do think it's impossible Ark would be in his bounds, and then Walker will have to do something else.

Moderator; an arbitrator or mediator

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Look, you shouldn’t be needing my input, because I’ll inherently be biased to my side. That’s why we have a mediator in the first place, so we can have someone to make decisions and solve problems unbiased to either side. The mediator should be solving problems between the participants, a player shouldn’t have to solve a problem between another participant and the mediator.

One thing you do need to know is that Ark is the mediator. We both agreed he should be mediator, and that gives him some authority over the fight that shouldn’t be ignored if you just don’t feel like it. Look at the 2v2 duel with Archer mediating. All of us respected his authority, so even when he gave instructions that went against our attacks (eg. Rioting chalklings) we still worked around that.

If you really wanted to go against the mediator, you would look for an (unbiased) third party. This was Voidus, who also disagreed with you. That should be plenty enough for you to know what to do without wanting to go to me.

Also, you said Ark was overstepping bounds. What do you mean overstepping bounds? As a mediator, it’s completely in Ark’s control if an attack doesn’t seem probable. Of course, we can always ask if something appears wrong, but take a look at any previous duel and you’ll see Ark is much in his rights as a mediator to say what he said.

Edited by I think I am here.

I would also add: Even if someone were hypothetically capable of pulling off Vin's trick, they still need to be aware that their opponent is burning Atium to do so. Regular battle instincts are not enough to overcome Atium, otherwise it'd be borderline useless.

It's not my place to try and say something should or shouldn't be allowed, I'm trying to just provide factual information about the difficulty of doing so, it's a mediators job to then weigh that information against character abilities and circumstance and make a ruling. If you've agreed to a mediator then you need to respect their rulings on things like this, or else ask for a different mediator.

I believe the problem occurring here is the Woodrack won't accept my decision because he knows me IRL.

So, if you don't want, sure, have a different mediator. I'll step down happily.

Edited by Ark1002

I mean, when I first started the Idea for the mediators guild this was exactly what I envisioned them doing in my mind, judging things that were too outlandish to consider during a duel.

Btw, if you need a third opinion, I would agree with the opinions of Voidus and Ark, despite the fact that it would mean helping a GB to win the Duel.

I understand that you don’t need my opinion. I was just addressing his point that he thought you were overstepping your bounds. I explained that this was the envisioned role of Mediators from the beginning, and as an addendum I added my two cents about the situation.

I stand by my move. Walker could definitely do that move, but he did not know that you were using Atium, so he cannot mimic Vin, even if he is good enough to do so. Anyways, Walker swinging his mace like that still works, as Lusk is lunging forwards, and it is incredibly hard to course correct in air. At the very least, he would spin out of the way an not hit Walker, and that would alert Walker of the Atium.

Lusk saw the Mace headed towards his wrist, and realised quickly that he wouldn’t be able to correct course. He was not a Mistborn, who had pewter and the other metals to assist him. He had only Atium, and even then, that for a short time.

But Atium was all he needed.

Swapping the knife to the other hand, Lusk tapped age into the one Walker was targeting, until was a small baby arm on the side of his torso. Of course this sudden size change meant the space where Walker’s attack would have been, was now empty. He got a little scorch on the side, though, but not nearly as dangerous as t could have been.

The place where Lusk was attacking, however, was not empty. And he wasn’t going to settle for a little injury.

So, since Walker hasn’t actually dodged, but instead just tried to counter-attack, does that mean the knife’s actually gone in him now? Because you had a chance to dodge, and you didn’t take it.

About 10 seconds of Atium left.

Three things. 1. Counting damage with out me responding to his counter attack is godmodding. 2. Ark, can you please go back and count all of the damage that you missed? 3. Itiah, I don't actually think that your selective age tapping is possible. Do you have evidence that it is?

Yes, I do want to continue, but only after Ark catches up.

@Ark1002 @I think I am here.

He changed his attack in a way that Walker would respond. I was busy, as you were at that time as well, so I didn't have time to make a counter to his counter to my counter.

Also, how much damage did you do for the four posts choking, or the attempted leg break over the same period of time?

Ark, don't feel like your doing your job, except for saying repeatedly that what I'm doing isn't possible, when Itiah has spent the entire duel doing something that I do not thing is possible. Mod. Count damage, regulate disputes. I am disputing whether or not he can even do that. My logic is: Then the lord ruler wouldn't have had to de tap his entire body; he could have just done it to his ams and legs, and spent about twice the amount of time, but with less chance of dying.

My response to this.

Walker jump backwards, avoiding the stab. He realized that either he was using atium, or that cube had pewter, either way he should keep his distance. He jumped backwards, away from Lusk.

@Ark1002

Edited by Darth Woodrack

The purpose of having a mediator is to avoid constant arguments over this stuff. Once you've presented your case and a mediator has made a ruling you need to accept it and move on with the duel. If you've felt like your mediator is unable to fairly mediate a fight then you can ask for another mediator but please don't continuously argue with them like this, it sets a bad precedent and is only likely to make things worse.

But just to address your query because there's a bit of a misunderstanding there: The Lord Ruler didn't need to spend any time aged at all. If he completely stopped tapping his Atium then he would die, as we saw. So the times when he was appearing older were just when he was choosing to tap less Youthfulness than normal, but still tapping quite a lot. We do also have a WoB that storing/Tapping for different sections of your body is possible for things like pewter, it's just really difficult. So I'd say this is definitely within the realms of possibility.