Flashback Character Identity theory

MistWit

We know that The greathshells are inhabited with Powerful spren in a Symbiotic Relationship. Rysn showed Bravery and Obedience and the Spren witnessed this. They gave her a Larkin as a Gift. But couldn't the Greatshell Spren talk to the Spren in Shadesmar? We know from Pattern and Wyndle that there are groups of Spren who carefully Choose one spren and One person to bond. Could the ShellSpren influence this choice somehow?

(Yes, They're called Shellspren. I dare you to think of a better name.)

Interesting idea. I don't know that it could really be true however. My impression is that these spren councils (the Ring, and whatever council it is the Cryptics have) are pretty powerful in and of themselves. The Ring does accept the Nightwatcher's authority, and Syl the Stormfather's. These are two extremely influential spren, directly related to Shards definitely in the Stormfather's place and most likely in the Nightwatcher's. I feel like if that kind of authority is used to determine Radiants, that the Shellspren probably would not have too much influence as a whole, since they are (reactively) commonplace, no matter how powerful.

Still a cool idea, though. :) The Shellspren certainly have great influence in some areas.

(Totally not related, but my phone autocorrected something to spren while writing this post, not the other way around! Victory!)

• Chaos locked this topic