Hi I'm new here

Rekkoning

Well hello there. I am a very big epic fantasy series fan. The last series I read was all of the WoT books (all 13 in a row, probably my 8th read through). When I read Brandon Sanderson was going to finish the series,and I had to look into his other works and have pretty much devoured them all. Though I must admit I did not realize the relation of all the Shard/Shardworlds in the Cosmere and then I looked at the internet after I thought of some coincidences/similar terminology  :blink:

I have read the Mistborn trilogy twice, AoL as well, Elantris, Warbreaker, and have read WoK and WoR twice over each. I have the Emperor's Souls waiting to be read as well after this second read of Elantris. After I read Emperor's Souls, that is when I will do my 3rd read through of Mistborn, SA and WB and start to highlight and leave notes in my paperbacks, postulate and post my theories here while I wait for the next Cosmere related book to come out.

My first question to all of you friendly folk is: Are there any other Cosmere related novellas or short stories or anything else available to read. I know of White Sand and The Silence Divine but I believe they are unavailable? (or I am inept at finding them).

I figured I'd say hello then go back to lurking in the shadows  :ph34r:

Edited by Rekkoning

First of all, welcome to the board!!

Not knowing of cosmere right away is pretty common. BranSan is pretty good at being subtle :)

There are a few short stories on his websites. There's a Mistborn spin-off and a smaller Elantris story. Maybe some other things too, like previews of upcoming books.

White Sand and Aether of Night are two unpublished works that you can request directly from BranSan if you email him. Plenty of people (such as myself) have received responses with the files. So I highly recommend doing that!
As for Silence Divine, I haven't read that and am not sure where to.

Also, there is another small snippet of a book called Liar of Partinel. It's essentially Hoids story before the shattering of Adonalsium. So I would look into that, too!

Welcome, Rekkonging! Nice of you to join the fun bunch.

Also, awesome account picture. Is that from Diablo or Heroes of Might and Magic?

Oh, and remember to be very active in the forums. Otherwise, you won't get a lot of upvotes or attention if you don't.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Welcome, Rekkonging! Nice of you to join the fun bunch.

Also, awesome account picture. Is that from Diablo or Heroes of Might and Magic?

Oh, and remember to be very active in the forums. Otherwise, you won't get a lot of upvotes or attention if you don't.

It's from Diablo, Heroes of Might and Magic archangels tend to be a little bit "brighter" for lack of a more appropriate term.

Edited by Rekkoning

• Chaos locked this topic