Amaram, Denth and Refusing Redemption

Toaster Retribution

Another of his written work tho technically RJ's series which was Wheel of Time had the same stuff too but i won't say who cause spoilers 

Other than those two every other enemy wasn't offered a redemption afaik at least so far as I've read on cosmere.

Also if thematically they are the same, there is a difference between Amaram and Denth's cases.

Denth denied the redemption for pure guilt, Amaram refused redemption also for external factors... He is bonded at that point with a Voidspren and litherally linked to Odium. Indeed he explicity stated "He would not let me" (or something like that).

Maybe a full self Amaram would accept Dalinar's offer

17 hours ago, Yata said:

Also if thematically they are the same, there is a difference between Amaram and Denth's cases.

Denth denied the redemption for pure guilt, Amaram refused redemption also for external factors... He is bonded at that point with a Voidspren and litherally linked to Odium. Indeed he explicity stated "He would not let me" (or something like that).

Maybe a full self Amaram would accept Dalinar's offer

Amaram says "he would never forgive me" and points at himself.

I always took that the same as Denth, that it was purely his own guilt that prevented it.

I think a simple voidspren possession can be overcome, so it wasnt until Yelig-nar that it was too late.

11 hours ago, Jace21 said:

Amaram says "he would never forgive me" and points at himself.

I always took that the same as Denth, that it was purely his own guilt that prevented it.

I think a simple voidspren possession can be overcome, so it wasnt until Yelig-nar that it was too late.

Agreed. Amaram can’t handle guilt. 

• Chaos locked this topic