An eye for an eye

Sorana

Ugh. Sorry about my absence, guys. Completely unexcusable. 

I'll be on for the rest of today, though. Still- sorry -_-

“Well done,” said The Man as he rose through the floor. “As fine a kill as I’ve ever seen!”

He started clapping slowly as he looked down at his shattered body on the floor. “I quite like how you disregarded your years of training,” he said, “and went for a brutal head smashing, rather than a quick strike to the throat. Who needs clean kills anyway?”

The Man blurred for a second, then snapped back into focus. He kept talking, not seeming to notice his sudden disappearance.

“Now that you’re finished with your childish revenge,” he said, “you need to come downstairs at once. Your mother and I, bless her soul, have serious business to discuss with you. Bring your ‘friends’ if you want. But hurry.” He tapped his nose, smiling mockingly. “Your mother is very tired, after having the baby.”

He puffed into smoke, leaving tendrils of glowing Stormlight writhing in the air.

@Cyanic @Sorana @Silva @Gancho Libre

Edited by Grey Knight

24 minutes ago, Grey Knight said:

“Well done,” said The Man as he rose through the floor. “As fine a kill as I’ve ever seen!”

He started clapping slowly as he looked down at his shattered body on the floor. “I quite like how you disregarded your years of training,” it said, “and went for a brutal head smashing, rather than a quick strike to the throat. Who needs clean kills anyway?”

The Man blurred for a second, then snapped back into focus. He kept talking, not seeming to notice his sudden disappearance.

“Now that you’re finished with your childish revenge,” he said, “you need to come downstairs at once. Your mother and I, bless her soul, have serious business to discuss with you. Bring your ‘friends’ if you want. But hurry.” He tapped his nose, smiling mockingly. “Your mother is very tired, after having the baby.”

He puffed into smoke, leaving tendrils of glowing Stormlight writhing in the air.

@Cyanic @Sorana @Silva @Gancho Libre

His head was cut off with a shardblade (not greyed out) like actually cut off after he 'died', you should also mention that he regen'd from that?

On 10/13/2018 at 7:32 PM, Cyanic said:

Araha stepped forward, and looked at the corpse. "Deras," she called out without turning to him, "may I borrow your shardblade?" The sword was tossed underhanded toward her and she caught it without looking. She ran the sword in a line over the corpse's neck, severing its head. He was definitely dead. Even if he was still alive somehow, she doubted she could interrogate him and he'd likely only come back as an abomination or something anyway.

EDIT: ah wait, I think I made a mistake actually! he wasn't regening and that was a different guy. Alright, my bad!

Edited by Cyanic

16 minutes ago, Cyanic said:

EDIT: ah wait, I think I made a mistake actually! he wasn't regening and that was a different guy. Alright, my bad!

No, it's the same guy. A Stormlight illusion of Damaya's father just rose from the floor and ordered you to go downstairs.

And besides, who ever said you killed the right guy in the first place? ;)

Just now, Grey Knight said:

yeah, I meant the same guy, just different version or something like that! thanks for clearing it up,

There was a certain spark in Araha's mind, her depths were trying to freeze back over, but that spark was fighting back. It was a certain emotion, a certain negative one, like frustration but stronger.

"Deras?" She began, her voice controlled but hid some anger, as small amounts of angrespren began to bubble up from her feet, not a lot though.

The Lifeless turned to her after also seeing the same man rise up from the floor.

"Give me the other -reed."

She turned to her companions, "we need to wait for a moment." @Gancho Libre @Silva

The man complied and gave it to her, he seldom questioned her decisions as she'd already proven herself time and again. She received it and altered the contents before sending it. Afterward, she stood up and went to Damaya, embracing her wordlessly. That must've felt horrible, thinking that you finally dealt with the thing that's been haunting you for years, then seeing the same thing literally rise up again from the ground and mock you. Just killing in itself might have adverse effects on her mental health. She embraced tighter. This was Damaya's nightmare, her friend stuck in this situation, and Araha was frustrated and angry that she couldn't do anything about it. She whispered, despite herself: "Please be okay..." @Sorana

After a few moments passed, and Araha let go.

Then the ground slightly shook, and another tremor. This kept happening until it stopped.

They could hear commotion upstairs, footsteps running in a direction, multiples. And after a while, the footsteps died down, the echoing voices of people and servants in a doppler effect which sounded like they were leaving the vicinity, upstairs it was silence.

"I'm thinking those were the servants and guards being evacuated," Araha began, looking up at the footstep sounds, then she looked to Deras, "no more innocents, you're free to destroy the building when we need it."

Gonna be revealing what's happening after other people post.

Edited by Cyanic

As soon as Araha let her go, Damaya turned around, observing the room. There were no stairs here, an therefore, it needed to be somewhereelse. She decided to simply ignore the fact, that the man had just appeared as some kind of illusion, pushed everything around him back, far far back into a part of her mind, where it couldn't hurt her. Not now at least. She wouldn't break down, not when there were people around for her.

"There's another room, I've neven been into, just next to this one."

she informed the rest and then started walking. There were strange sound coming from upstairs, but she ignored them. Down, he had said to go down. Down she would go. And when she was finished with them, they would wish to have never been born. Rage twisted her thoughts, and instead of reining it in, instead of trying to think clearly, she simply left it, where it was. This rage was her own, and here and now it was good. She left the room and stopped in front of the other door. Then she opened that one as well, revealing a set of stairs. Well, that explained, why she had never seen anybody work down here. It had been a ruse.

Without looking back to see if anybody followed, she held up a sphere and started to descend into the darkness.

@Gancho Libre

@Grey Knight @Cyanic

@Silva

Edited by Sorana

@Sorana

Araha ran to catch up to Damaya, grabbing her arm before she could go further down and pulled her back, closing the door for now. "Damaya, please," she said, her eyes pleading. She could see that her friend was angry, not thinking straight, "we need to do this together, or we don't do this at all."

"Please..." she said,

-

A moment later, a hot tracer formed on ceiling/floor above them, and later it grew into a hole, as a giant chunk of metal fell through, and hit the ground with a tremor. Another moment later, the chunk of metal itself folded upward and a hole formed before closing again and the metal started shedding, falling off and withering away, revealing a man in a shard-based helmet, a jacket, and pants. He turned to his side: "all clear," he said, his voice deep, but somewhat raspy. Araha could swear she saw a faint light dart upward through the hole as the man said that.

Another moment later, a woman also in shardplate came down the stairs, and another figure in shardplate descended through the hole.

The first man began talking: "Afternoon, we were told there was a Warp incursion here?"

"Tat's riight." A familiar feminine voice spoke out, originating from the stairs. Her heavy footfalls marked her presence. "Soorry foor me tardiness," she said, walking with a flaming sword and in Space Marine armor, no longer bleeding.

"Well you called the right people," the man replied, looking over everyone in the room.

Araha looked around, "I'd said we'd need an army," she said, her arm still around Damaya in a firm, but comforting way.

"They're outside, we'll call them in if needed," the man replied, gesturing with a thumb behind him, "but anyway, it's good to see how you've grown, kid."

"Don't lie, you don't remember me," Araha said, without a hint of venom,

"You'd be correct, but you remember me," he replied with a chuckle.

"Know each other?" Deras asked from the side,

"Yes, introductions later, all you need to know is this is the man that saved me when I was younger." Araha replied.

While the three (well four,) newcomers seemed to just be casual, they were actually alert and the two other people were already surveying the general area, ready for battle.

The man nodded, "Derek Riverton, at your service," he said.

@Silva @Gancho Libre @Grey Knight

I also realize I still haven't really made clear what I've done yet, but I'll do that later c:

Edited by Cyanic

Sorry if I miss something

Riathor tensed. he had followed the others into the room where the swordbearer people were. he still didn't know who they were. He didn't know why he was there.

But he was, and doing nothing wasn't gonna get answers.

Riathor drowned another vial of metals. "Who are you?" he demanded to the shardbearers.

You didn't miss anything. I'm confused xD

Damaya whirled around and then nodded when Araha held her back. Together. then they would go down there together. Before she could reply, she heard a lound noise out out of the room and Araha left her, went back. Damaya followed slowly, saw the strangers and then Riathor who faced them.

"Well, at least now, I don't have to worry about the house anymore."

she muttered more to herself and then stood next to Riathor.

"And I second his question."

she added more loudly.

@Grey Knight

"I'd layk ta knoow as well," asked the Space Marine woman from earlier who'd joined the group.

Staying close to Damaya, @Sorana it was Araha's turn to answer: "They're a part of the Skybreakers," she turned to her companions @Silva @Gancho Libre "they're not just actual Skybreaker Radiants now, they're more the lawkeeping force."

"Yes. Specifically the anti-hemalurgic and Warp department," came a voice from the male shardbearer, "Balak Sovash," he nodded, "Returned and a Skybreaker."

The woman in shardplate then chimed in. "Nadie Washington. Invocation Epic." She raised her hand, upon closer inspection, Araha noticed that she had a firearm at her side.

"And you already know me," Derek added, "but I'm also an Epic. Fought in the Seven Day War," he nodded, helmet still on. He turned to the others, "and not to worry if any of you have spikes, we're only targeting the crazy kill-everything ones."

He knew about Deras as that was part of Araha and Derek's discussion when they were in contact those days after Damaya was taken.

"Alright," Araha nodded, "introductions over, we'll need to move now, something tells me the longer we wait, the worse it gets."

"We're going," Derek said, "it'd be better to leave this to us,"

"No," Araha replied, "we need to come with you," she said, glancing at Damaya, "you'll need the backup anyway,"

Derek sighed, "We won't, but hey, who am I to deny plucky young energy. Alright, fine." He glanced at Nadie who nodded and walked toward the door, unhooking a small device, from her belt, activated it, opened the door, then threw it down the stairs. After a moment, a 'boom' came from down the stairs and the ground shook slightly.

Deras followed suit, summoning his shardblade and leaped down, foregoing the stairs, he was followed by Balak, then Nadie, Derek staying behind to keep watch. Araha did the same, ushering her companions in.

Alright!

So several things:

for expediency sake, let's say that the other rooms in the basement level have already been cleared so that they can focus on the downstairs door.

Derek Riverton is the guy I played during the SDW who cleaned house since Deras was being sent into the future. (Derek is a pre-made by BitBitio) Balak and Nadie were made just specifically for this.

Edited by Cyanic

@Grey Knight

Since you haven't been online in a while, and I know that you're really busy with school. I'll wait a bit more, otherwise I'll take over to finish this. Sorry -.-

==================================================

EDIT:

I have no idea what Grey had planned so I'm just working with what he posted so far. I am sorry for how long this took and everything.

Damaya followed the the others down the stairs. There were whispers in the air and all around them. When she was nearing the final steps she could hear whispers in the air, and the flickering light of fire. If someone had told her, that they had a secret cellar, she would have laughed at them in disbelive.
"Ah here you are."
the woman greeted her and Damaya turned her head, looked over to where she was standing. She was behind a circular barrier, some Aons glittering on the floor, sustaining it. Her eyes were glowing red and she was smiling a dark, dangerous smile. Underneath her facade she seemed to be tired
"Just in time. I'm in need of some fresh blood to finish this ritual. Your friends definitly will do. And we will have a talk, daughter."
"I am not your daughter."
Damaya replied, more out of habit than of everything else. She still tried to grasp what was going on. The woman only laughed and waved her hand. Ten guards stepped forward, their weapons ready. Like the ones above, their eyes were dull, but their movements still strong and controlled.
"Bring them to me. And make sure to spill not all of their blood."
the woman commanded.

@Cyanic
@Silva @Gancho Libre

Edited by Sorana

Araha also went down and saw the guards, that looked like an Aon shield the woman was behind, so the woman was probably safe for now, so that made her non-priority. Araha ran forward, shouting to her allies, "non-lethal as much as you can! These are just guards!" She engaged one of the guards, her Ran afterimage/aura emanating from her which managed to baffle the guard enough that he swung at Ran and Araha capitalized by hammering a few quick blows into the guard's torso, and one to the head, he stumbled, but regained his footing, he tried to swing again, quicker this time.

Araha managed to barely dodge the blade, almost grazing her gi, she grabbed the blade itself, wounding her and making slightly bleed from the hand and she hammered an elbow at the guard's chin, his head rocked back and he stumbled backward and down, letting go of the blade, which Araha tossed far away and resumed a combat stance, right in time to block another sword hit with her forearm, it cut, but it wasn't deep. She stepped back, giving her more space. This one had an axe, and shield, he swung again, and Araha stepped back so that the attack missed, then she feinted: Herself stepping backward, but Ran stepping forward which made the guard duck under his shield, obscuring his view, she stepped forward again and swept his legs out from under him, knocking him to the ground, a few more swift blows to the head and he too was unconscious.

Without even looking, she stepped backward, stance already assumed in case there was another one that was about to engage her. She looked up, and while there were a few who were looking to engage her. She looked farther and saw what Deras was doing,

There were about three guards focusing him, well one guard, two were being held by their necks, but not choked, and struggling, and one guard was whaling on Deras, but couldn't really do much about his Aonic shielding and even if he could, he still had some aluminum to get through, then some shardplate.

Derek spoke up from behind, "you seem to be handling this pretty well, we'll just be on standby back here in case you need us," he said, intending to wait for larger threats in case they appeared, all three members of his group either had utility skills or just pure destructive power, and he didn't want any of them to start using those on these guys since they just seemed to be regular guards being controlled by something,

Pry'd always been useful in real fights. In practice she could beat anyone, having been trained by one of the best. In duels it normally wasn't even a question - Pry had raw talent. But what she didn't have was a fight instinct that was stronger than that of her freeze, always leaving her helpless when she most needed it. 

She watched Araha and Deras take down guards easily as she herself stood back. She swallowed heavily, knowing exactly how useless she was. No matter how hard she tried, this was one thing about herself she'd never been able to improve. Nope. Never. Pry could plan, but not execute. Promise, but not follow through. Determine, but not pick. 

And she knew that wasn't likely to change anytime soon, despite all her wishes.

Prism Acute would never be able to be anything more than a background character, never to be more than a footnote at most in the textbooks of the future. Pry took a deep breath and focused on her heat draining away to the earrings in her ears. Even her Investiture wasn't militiristic. Nothing about her was. Not even her life story. In that moment she realized something she never had before. Something that would change her forever. Her eyes smiled and she turned her focus back to the woman she assumed was Damaya's mother. 

Pry gave her a long hard glare.

Damaya stepped back, when the guards approached them and realized, that her staff was still upstairs. Not that it really mattered, she was no trained fighter. Her hand closed around her one of her last spheres and she breathed its stormlight in. She looked over at the guard that walked towards her and then looked at his boots. She thought about her own boots, what they looked like, what they felt like and with a crunching sound turned his boots into wood. The man stubled, and then stopped. Damaya sighed when she saw the wood. She had been aiming for something else, but wood was it.

=====================================

The woman saw the glance of one of Damaya's friends and returned the glance with a cold stare of her own, daring the stranger to try anything. @Silva

=====================================

The guards saw that Araha and Deras proved their greatest threat and focused on them. Another one looked over at Damaya and then slowly lowered his weapon, while he walked over to he at a casual pace. @Cyanic

Edited by Sorana

Riathor cocked his head as a couple guards rushed him. Why the storms am I here? I don't know these are the bad guys.

However, this could be classified as self-defense...

Riathor stepped forward, into the guard's... guard, in a burst of Pewter, and delivered a solid punch to the guard's sternum, cracking it.

The guard fell. Riathor turned to regard the rest of the group.

Good. Or rather, good for everyone else. She'd gotten her attention - now she just had to figure out what to do with it.

Without looking away, Pry felt around in her pockets. Finding what she was looking for, she pulled out a small square of fraying fabric. It wouldn't do to waste any of the good stuff on this. Pry unpinned a threaded needle from where she'd left it hanging on the hem of her shirt. Then she began to stitch her message by touch. She used large stitches as to conserve time and thread, and while it wasn't perfect, the end result wasn't illegible.

Keeping her face impassive, Pry lifted up the fabric so the woman could see.

When did you last see the sun?

There was no deep meaning behind the message, but she had a feeling it looked like there was. That was what mattered.

As soon as the guard turned his back from Araha to approach Damaya, she took that opportunity to pull him back and pulled his head to meet her knee. He was down after that. She looked around and saw that no guards were currently engaged with her, and she looked over to Deras,

...he was making his way to her, dragging the two still-struggling guards, with another one still trying to swing at him repeatedly, but already looking extremely tired. As he passed the woman, he give the Aon shield a quick kick before continuing on. The display was hilarious, but Araha didn't laugh right now, "need help knock out," Deras said, bringing along the guards like some groceries.

"I... alright," that was the only thing Araha could say, "err... can you hold them up?"

Deras nodded and shifted his grip so that he was putting his hand on their necks but didn't squeeze. Araha struck one man and then the other in the back of the neck, knocking them out. The last man that was still swinging at Deras was panting heavily, and while he was distracted, Araha hammered a blow to his face and then the side of his neck, knocking him out.

There were three more guards, one of them had wooden shoes. The three saw that they were the only ones left, but continued attacking anyway, before they could react though, Deras was already on them, and he grabbed one of their swords and tore it off his hand, then he broke the blade into little pieces as well as the hilt itself. He went over to the other guard who had a shield and axe. He grabbed the shield, and pulled on it, but the guard held fast, being dragged along with the shield, so Deras just shook the shield, taking the guard for a ride until he had to let go. Deras then bent the shield inward, then outward, again and again until the metal itself snapped. The last guard held a spear, and tried to thrust it at Deras, but his shields and armor didn't care. Deras grabbed the spear and disarmed him, breaking the shaft and crumpling the spear's tip.

As this was happening, Araha was moving by Damaya's side, still in a stance. All three still-conscious guards were now completely disarmed.

Deras walked up to the woman behind the Aonic shield, who was looking at Pry's message, and summoned his shardblade. He punched the shield with just a bit of strength, just to test its toughness.

Then he grabbed the shardblade with both hands and swung with as much power as he could toward the Aonic shields, That was the combined strength of about nine to ten Koloss hitting a single spot at the same time. Whatever the results of his strike were, it created an actual shockwave and light tremors. It especially cracked the ground beneath his armored feet.

The woman looked at Damaya’s friend with an irritated glance.
When have you last seen the sun?
“It’s been a while since I last was outside, little one. My plans didn’t involve me going outside.”

She dismissed the large man’s try to break her barrier. It would only grow stronger the more force he applied.

She observed the group Damaya had brought for a while.
“But I have been impolite. Welcome at the house Vulken. I am really happy to greet you as guests. Thank you daughter for bringing them here.”
smiling at Damaya something brightened at the hate in the young woman’s face.
“I am not your daughter.”
Damaya replied, her voice pressed.
Without reacting to that ungrateful brat’s reply she smiled again at her guests.
“I guess you are asking yourself why you are here? I had a daughter, and like so many others she died in the war. And sadly Damaya here didn’t turn out the way I hoped. I really wanted her to strive and to develop her powers and to become a beautiful and confident young woman, just like my Nera would have been. But as you all can see.”
she made a swiping gesture in Damaya’s direction.
“She turned out strong headed and unuseful. We tried some polite conversations, we tried beatings, I don’t know how often we broke that arm of hers and yet, she still didn’t want to cooperate.”
sighing she looked at her guests.
“I’m sure you can understand, that we needed to get her back. Especially since she decided to not return. That Waystop really had a bad influence on her.”
With a look of disgust at Damaya she continued:
“Sadly, I have to admit, that I see no other possibility, than to bring my Nera back. She was such a good child. Goodhearted and always smiling. Not so negative minded as Damaya is. So I thank you all for coming here and for your support in this cause.”

She stopped, a thought crossing her mind. When were you last in the sun?
“Wait!”
she turned on the young woman that was still holding the message. Her face turned into something feral, her eyes spitting bale.
“What did you do to my garden? Did you destroy my beautiful roses?”

With a scream she brushed away the Aons holding her barrier, dismissing them.

Then her voice turned soft again. Smiling at her guests she added.
“I’ll just head outside, make sure everything is in order.”

@Cyanic

@Gancho Libre

@Silva

Edited by Sorana