Does Adolin need Maya's Shardplate to revive her?

pixiehawk

44 minutes ago, Calderis said:

First, I agree he fits Edgedancer best. I've been a proponent of him reviving his sword since before we got her name in OB. 

Second, when I said he'd make a good lightweaver, I meant it. He is a very honest person, but he lies to himself. 

I was unaware that you were a proponent of that sorry.

However, I must disagree on him lying to himself. I don't see that when I read his pov.

On 9/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, goody153 said:

I don't think so.

I always thought that shardplate is a complementary thing to a Radiant not something really necessary. Radiants who use plates from the broken Radiants aren't even affected by it or that their spren complains about it.

I thought we only had one who wore Shardplate, Renarin. Kal rejected the plate (and sword), twice. He rejected all of it, thinking as a whole it was wrong. . Dalinar was rid of his before he became a knight. None of the ladies, except maybe Jasnah, have any. And if she does it's from her Spren. 

So the only knight with someone else's Plate has a corrupted spren. The corruption might be why he doesn't complain?

sorry I was away for a bit real world socks sometimes. 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Weltall said:

Brandon explicitly singled out the case of the original Radiant as being easier than someone else trying to revive a deadeye. A Radiant and their Spren's souls are merging so whatever damage exists has a natural healing route. Also, Syl wasn't bonded as deeply since she wasn't yet able to manifest as a blade when Kaladin 'killed' her so she might have been less affected; contrast the trauma she experienced when her first Radiant died before the Recreance.

Also, recall that on the Honor's Path, the honorspren captain said that it would be possible to break the bond between Syl and Kaladin without permanent harm until the Fifth Oath was sworn.

Renarin is the only one we've seen wear plate while bonded, true. But Syl has never expressed the disdain for plate that she has for the blades. Pattern speaks of wielding blades in relation to corpses and never comments on plate at all. Additionally, plate isn't something a knight is required to get. 

Argent (paraphrased)

Did all orders of Knights Radiants use Shardplate?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

It was available to all of them, and they could (all) use it. Many Knights (not Orders) chose not to. There were Knights who were not soldiers and had not interest in wearing Shardplate.

source

Edited by Calderis

• Chaos locked this topic