Music while reading

mycoltbug

6 minutes ago, zandi said:

Yeah I hear ya Sunbird-but since I'm rereading for the umpteenth time in anticipation of Oathbringer I thought it might be fun to have a specific appropriate playlist...maybe it's just me. If not- suggestions welcome! I can't be the only one? Yes? No?

In the past songs I was listening to while reading something that greatly affected me have become associated with those books- by chance- so why not on purpose? 

*crickets chirping *

Someone made an awesome post setting certain scenes from the Stormlight books to epic music... Lemme see if I can go find it again.

Okay I found the thread. It's kinda old, so that probably explains why you didn't find it.

The music suggestions are kinda interspersed with trailer and poster ideas for Stormlight movies (this was before the announcement that the whole Cosmere had gotten optioned for film), but Doc12 PM'd me some more music ideas in the past few months. I'll dig those up too.

While I'm digging, here is another of Doc's brilliant combinations of music and Cosmere (Mistborn this time):

Edited by Sunbird

Great thanks- love it

So so far:

linkin park- battle symphony 

Immediate Music -Dark Times Are Upon Us
The Hit House - Obsidian
Zack Hemsey - See What I've Become
Two steps from hell - none shall live
Clint Mansell - death is the road to awe

if anyone wants to continue the list feel free :)

Like Brandon, I tend to agree that certain music fits with the characters and settings.

Szeth- Anything by Daft Punk

Lightsong- Like Brandon, I can hear Rupert Holmes

Alloy of Law-Sherlock Holmes theme and Magnificent Seven

Stormlight- Legend of Zelda(Hey that's what I hear)

Hoid- Anything by Queen, More Than a Feeling by Boston

1 hour ago, Captains Domon said:

Like Brandon, I tend to agree that certain music fits with the characters and settings.

Szeth- Anything by Daft Punk

Lightsong- Like Brandon, I can hear Rupert Holmes

Alloy of Law-Sherlock Holmes theme and Magnificent Seven

Stormlight- Legend of Zelda(Hey that's what I hear)

Hoid- Anything by Queen, More Than a Feeling by Boston

Thanks! Those are some great suggestions - daft punk works for me! 

On 3/26/2017 at 1:45 AM, zandi said:

Yeah I hear ya Sunbird-but since I'm rereading for the umpteenth time in anticipation of Oathbringer I thought it might be fun to have a specific appropriate playlist...maybe it's just me. If not- suggestions welcome! I can't be the only one? Yes? No?

In the past songs I was listening to while reading something that greatly affected me have become associated with those books- by chance- so why not on purpose? 

*crickets chirping *

made by Brandon himself ;) 

• Chaos locked this topic