Help from someone who has read Dragonsteel

Valhalla

Question

I got WoB in response to a question at a signing that directly referenced Dragonsteel. As far as I know, we aren't supposed to talk about Dragonsteel on the forums but I wondered if someone who had read the book might PM me and help me make sense of his answer. Any help would be appreciated.

8 answers to this question

There's a section for discussing Brandon's unpublished works:

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/forum/79-unpublished-works/

Note that only the publicly available chapters (found on his website) are allowed to be discussed - not the whole book.  

Edited by Scion of the Mists
Added distinction between publicly available vs not

PM me, I've just heard the question. I am traveling but will get back to you ASAP. I don't really understand why Brandon thinks that was obvious...

You guys will all hear it soon enough. Brandon knew very clearly his answer was on audio and offered up some info. Arcanists are snipping the audio right now.

As a note @Scion of the Mists generally Dragonsteel Prime discussion is not allowed because it is not publicly available.

The WoB in question:

Valhalla [PENDING REVIEW]

So, you talked about a weapon made by the enemies of Adonalsium, and you said it doesn't exist in it's original form. Do any remnants of it still exist in the Physical Realm?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes.

Valhalla [PENDING REVIEW]

Have we seen any of those remnants on-screen?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

*pause* RAFO.

In current continuity (and people would know this), Hoid's immortality comes from this. People who have read Dragonsteel know that.

Are you sure Brandon was referring to Adonalsium's opposition when he talked about Hoid's immortality? He wasn't pointing at anything else when he said "this"?

On 7/24/2018 at 6:11 AM, Scion of the Mists said:

The 7 chapters on his website are fair game though, right?  That's what I was referring to.  Sometimes I forget that people have actually read the whole thing.  

Correct, those you can discuss there, absolutely.