(OB) Nale will be killed by Nightblood

Szeth and Nale are being built up as adversaries. They are both Skybreakers, but on different sides. As many people have said before me, they will most likely come to blows some time during the series. And when they do, I think Szeth will use Nightblood to kill Nale.

First off, both of them should have two Shardblades each. Nale has his honorblade, and his Radiant Blade. Szeth will have his Radiant Blade, and Nightblood. Nightblood, which was given to him by Nale. Wouldn´t it be ironic if that gift ended up killing Nale?

Furthermore, Nightblood talks about how he never liked Nale in the first place. More foreshadowing, perhaps?

It's certainly possible. We know that Nightblood is definitely strong enough to kill a Cognitive Shadow such as a Herald. Storms, it's strong enough to hurt a Shard. I think Szeth will serve as a reflection of what Nale used to be, embodying the traits of justice and confidence. Furthermore, I think Szeth will progress to the Fifth Ideal in book 5 and will kill Nale in his attempts to save Dalinar.

• Chaos locked this topic