Theory: Nohadon (WoR Spoilers)

Patrick Star

Hmmmm. Taln's comments to Shallan when he refers to her being one of Ishi's knights takes on a new context after considering that Nohadon basically founded the KR when he designed the book. The problem is that he was around after a desolation and the Heralds leave between desolations, implying that if Nohadon were Ishi', then he had been hanging out on Roshar after he was supposed to have gone back to damnation.

I just want to throw into the mix here that it is totally possible for ordinary people to become immortal on Nalthis, and WoB is pretty clear that different magics can acheive similar effects and that magic systems can and have crossed between worlds. I add that only to say that it's not hard to imagine that Nohadon (or anyone else either) could have been born an ordinary guy and become immortal at some point.

There is a line that Nohadon says in Dalinar's vision: "The responsibility of what we've been given — whether it be the crown or the Nahel bond — needs to make us better" 

Now I see two ways to interpret this, one being that the responsibility that Nohadon claims he has been given is the crown while the Nahel bond is Karm's responsibility. The other way to look at this is that Nohadon also bears the responsibility of having a Nahel Bond, thereby supporting the Nohadon being a surgebinder assumptions.

There's a much better quote about half a page down (em mine):

“I can read your disagreement in your face,” the regal man said. “It’s all right, Karm. I realize that my thoughts on this subject are unconventional. Perhaps the rest of you are right, perhaps our abilities are proof of a divine election. But if this is true, should we not be more wary of how we act?”

which seems like an odd thing to say if he's not a Surgebinder.

However, it's worth noting that the visions in general are at least partly suspect. They obviously cannot be strict recreations of the past (otherwise they couldn't react to Dalinar's actions) so they've clearly been modified at least slightly from what 'really' happened. And if modified slightly, who knows how else?

I was actually wondering, if Stormlight can even bring Lopen's arm back and the healing is based a lot around perception is it possible that you can stop aging via always burning a small amount of stormlight? As long as you always see yourself in a certain light the stormlight should always bring you back to that I think. Could explain why Nohadon is possibly still alive if he was a Surgebinder. I'd imagine the mortality rate in the KR is rather high so not aging wouldn't have been a problem.

• Chaos locked this topic