Devaan's Training ground

Nohadon

Saraha felt cornered, with her left hand still behind her back. She blinked 2 meters behind her with her right hand dodging the cards. She then drew another Aon Kaa and vines spurted from the ground up, attempting to tangle Devaan.

I don't know how but I bet he's just gonna get out of there with ease.

Devaan looked at the vines and breathed in some stormlight, using regrowth on them to create a vine platform. He smiled and his hands blurred as he shot a card out at Saraha

And another

Then another.

they kept coming, a flurry of cards, hastily thrown and sloppily aimed, but a couple should have come close to her. 

12 cards in total flew through the air.

Devaan's hand became a blur and she saw a dozen cards flying toward her. A card went straight through her arm, another through her leg. She sucked in stormlight along with her Aon Ien, she was healing a little bit faster. She tried to draw an Aon Edo however she saw one come right at her head. She blinked 2 meters to the right with them still coming. This time she just barely had time to make a barrier to block 2 shots and threw a tridagger straight aimed at his head.

Can he dodge that? Probably, Is it worth a try? Until I can find something better, yes.

Devaan saw the dagger coming a split second too late, it tore a gash through the right side of his cheek. He threw one more card, this time it landed right behind saraha, Then took out a small silvery cube, pressing a concealed button then throwing it at Saraha

"Catch!" He called aloud as it sailed through the air.

"NO YOU!" Saraha shouted with a smile. Devaans had hopefully not noticed why she had her left hand behind her back before. She used Aon Rao on her left hand to boost her Aon Ene. Then, she teleported to the dagger that she had thrown. She quickly adjusted to the environment with ease and went for a straight stab in the chest with another dagger. While she had her hand behind her back before, she was drawing an Aon Tia onto her dagger, ready to use a trick Devaans would maybe underestimate her on.

This feeling, I'm probably enjoying this way more than I should, even if I'm gonna lose. 

Edited by MinatoRising

Li pocketed  Mejin’s note wincing the beaver still stuck to his back  “... not now but maybe.” He mumbled to himself then said louder “Nights! You’ve already put the spike in my neck, will you just get off me already!” The beaver chattered a bit and didn’t move beaver because of corse it didn’t. “Tiiyu can you spark Devaan let him know we’re here?”

“Ok sparking now” Tiiyu replied his light taking the familiar lighting in a bottle effect that happens whenever he connects to another ruby.

“Devaan it’s Li I had to Tia card in. The ball ended up being more of a DA ball than Ghostblood. Anyway can you help me with a mistbeaver.”

@Nohadon

Edited by Arlin

On 10/21/2018 at 11:41 PM, DarthWoodrack said:

So could, Walker apply for training?

Of course! feel free to do so!

Saraha left herself open, waiting for the cards to fly at her, she did the one thing you shouldn't do in a fight.

She took her eyes off her opponent

Devaan glowed in a resplendent white light, Aons all around his body springing to life. His body blurred and he quickly knocked Saraha unconscious with a punch to the back of the neck, he was careful not to cause any permanent damage. But Saraha quickly slumped to the ground.

Devaan carried her up to one of the rooms and opened the door.

And froze.

It was Mara's room.

He set down the unconscious Saraha in his dead pupil's bed, then shut the door behind her and went to his room, breathing heavily.

A war is coming A soft feminine voice said in his mind.

"I'm aware"

You will fight in it.

"I will stay neutral"

You will fight in it. Whether you want to or not. I will make sure you will be in the battle. You tried pacifism, and a twin died. 

"Leave them out of this"

You don't get to choose who is in our games. One twin has died because of your foolish precepts

"That had nothing to do with you, It was a duel."

What about the other?

"I will stay neutral"

What about Max? He's rising in the ghost blood ranks. When will he find out that you knew Mraize? When will he find out that you've killed more then he ever should?

When will he learn that you secretly enjoyed the death?

"I never"

You will fight. You will kill.

"I will fight..."

"I will kill..."

Devaan sat down on his bed, Astiel lay asleep in the room next to him. What side would he take? Silphio would stay neutral, but a darkness had been growing in Max, Devaan needed to take care of him before it happened.

Even if that meant wading into a war zone once again.

Max entered through the metal gates of the training grounds. Mara would have shot through enthusiastically, but Max was not his sister.

As he walked slowly, Max observed his surroundings. More people had come to train with Master Sheonar. That was good.

“Master Sheonar!” He shouted. Almost on que, it started to rain. It didn’t affect Max, so instead he looked like an ominous figure, looming and unmoving in the rain. “I’m here to talk, like you said.”

@Nohadon

Edited by I think I am here.

So we are time-skipping to five months later, after the great game. 

Devaan stopped his sparring match with Saraha

"Good job, you hit me with a couple of your daggers. Take a break for now"

Devaan walked towards Max.

"We need to talk. Come with me." Devaan led him to his room and tapped his weight exactly, causing a sensitive pressure plate to open a hidden door. They entered it.The room had pictures of people drawn into three of the walls. crossed out in different ways. Some had red X's on them. Some had green circles and still some had brown x's. there were hundreds and hundreds of them littered around the wall. 

"I see the signs kid. Take off your helmet or deactivate the calming aons" he asked softly.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Nohadon

5 months? Ok, that’s a lot of time for Max to... change :) 

Max followed the Master through the rain, remaining silent. Whispers. Whispers everywhere. Max couldn’t hear them, but he knew what they were saying regardless.

He tried to fight it, but a part of him accepted.

They entered into the building, and Max followed Sheonar into the building, creating puddles of water on the floor as they entered the room of X’s.

“I see the signs kid. Take off your helmet or deactivate the calming aons.”

Max turned sharply to Master and chuckled half-nervously, half-crazily. “What signs?” He said, stepping forward. “And take off the helmet? Why would you ask that?”

He looked around. “And what is this room?” He settled his gaze on Master. “And why is it a secret?”

@Nohadon

31 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

5 months? Ok, that’s a lot of time for Max to... change :) 

should have clarified this. It's directly after the great game. But 5 months after the post before that. Where Devaan went to war. 

"The calming aons are suppressing the voices. I know, I made that helmet for a reason. This room has it's own calming Aons if it get's too much, I'll turn them on"

"Look at the faces on the room. If I didn't exist, each person here would have lived a full life. The red X's are people I have murdered. The blue circles are self defence, and the brown squares are deaths I had caused through my actions." Devaan looked around the room

"That explains why it's a secret."

"Now. Please, Max. tell me what's wrong."

Max kept silent, his helmet masking his face. He looked around the room, observing the faces. So many. Max couldn’t stop looking at each face. “You... you killed all these people?”

He took a step away from Master Sheonar. So many people. So many. Max’s shock turned into a chuckle. That chuckle turned to a laugh. “That must have been satisfying.”

Remembering the question, Max turned to Master. “Nothing’s wrong. Apart from the voices. Screams. Yells. ‘I killed Mara.’ ‘I am a murderer.’ ‘I am insane.’” Though the helmet covered it, Max was still smiling.

“No, I’m perfectly sane, De-Master Sheonar. The only thing different in my head is the constant screaming, and I’ve begun to submit to that, too.”

He turned back to the pictures. “Thanks for showing me this, though. I didn’t know you were a monster too. And now I have a score to beat.

@Nohadon

"Come on Max, call me Devaan." He told his pupil

"I understand the screams. But you can't submit to them. You can't believe what they say."

Devaan closed his eyes, he heard the faint whispers in the back of his mind.

"But you can't fight them either."

"Remember them. Face the voices. Don't submit to them, but accept them." Devaan led Max to the far wall. The most recent face painted on it had a brown square over it.

It was Mara's.

"This, this is our burden." He told Max

"But It's something we can take. Something we can face." closed his eyes for a moment, a glowing white sword appeared in his hand. He handed Sethramir to Max.

"Together." he told Max.

"Do not relish in death. That's not what Reshan would have wanted. That's not what Mara would have wanted. Every time you kill, remember the person they were. Think back on them. I understand you must hate me now, and I'll let you leave. But please"

"Before you murder. Look at the blade. Ask yourself if it's necessary to kill."

"Know that once you make the decision, there isn't any going back on it."

Devaan Sethramir whispered in his mind. You know what this means, right?

You know, you may have to kill him, too.

Devaan let out a small sob, and walked out of the room.

Max heard Devaan leave, and felt the cold metal of Sethramir in his hand. One of the Artefacts of the Alleyverse. Max had held it before, 16 years ago. With Mara by his side.

He just gave one of the deadliest weapons ever made to a madman.

Was this really supposed to calm him. Was the extra power supposed to inspire Max to just ‘not be insane’? It didn’t.

And yet, Max could already feel himself gaining control. He could already feel himself trying to fight back. But what had Devaan said? Not to fight back?

Devaan was insane as well. The way he worded Max’s experience. Yes, he knew how it felt, how real the screams were. And yet, he still gave Max the sword.

Bringing up the sword to the image of Mara, Max scratched his own X on her face with the blade. Devaan hadn’t been the only one to let Mara die.

Max just stood there in the room for hours, in the dark, staring at Mara’s face, his own impassive.