Mistborn: Secret History Chronology

animalia

Something I always wanted to try to figure out. How does the timeline of Mistborn Secret History wrap around the timeline of the original Mistborn trilogy? 

Basically I like reading things in chronological order and as someone who has already read both of these it’s obvious why a first timer wouldn’t to read Secret History until after the Trilogy given how it spoils things. But I thought it might be fun for a reread to try to read both together chronologically. But for that to work I’d need a timeline of how the two stories interact. Like this chapter and/or paragraph here (of the trilogy) happens around the same time as or between this chapter and/or paragraph here (of the Secret History). Does anyone think they could or would be interested in helping me work this out?

This is something I'm interested in doing as well (at least the reading it in order part), but never sat down and worked through it. It feels like something *someone* has done, but who knows where.

The issue with reading them "chronologically" is that there's a big section in Mistborn Secret History where it's not really interacting with the Era 1 story.

I definitely think the plan of attack would be to focus on Secret History, and where those events line up with Era 1.

EDIT: So actually, it looks like the Coppermind summary already has a breakdown of this. Although it doesn't appear to be an exact chapter reading order.

Edited by Govir
New information

• Chaos locked this topic