[OB] That Chain in Celebrant

Lightspine

7 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Sounds like medallion tech to me. So... Era 3?

Could be. I just checked and that WoB is from 2012, so he could have even been referring to unsealed metalminds from Era 2. Just wanted to put it out as a possibility anyway. 

Personally I like the idea that it's dragonsteel the most. We know we'll eventually get to see it, and with stuff like Aethers getting name dropped in Stormlight I think it's not too far fetched to see items from unpublished works show up. 

Edited by Ciridae

16 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

How about this? 

Very interesting!

You're right that my theorizing so far has been based on stuff we've seen, which is why I missed dragonsteel, but (unless it's a Medallion like @Calderis just pointed out) this seems a bit too much, mostly because I don't think Sanderson would dump an entirely new magic system into the Stormlight Archive, which is already filled with plenty of magic systems (we've only seen like 4 radiant order's powers in depth, 3 of the 9 varieties of Fused, a couple of ancient fabrials, a bit of the Old Magic, and Awakening, so Sanderson has got his hands full trying to get his readers to follow all of the magic especially since he has a lot left to show us.). That's why I'm still leaning towards Type IV: I think it would confuse readers less, since it's the same system that Nightblood and Azure's sword and it would mean Sanderson wouldn't have to dump another whole new mechanic into the series.

Wait, I just saw your second comment, and I realize that we've also gotten "cameos" from Aethers, Aviars, and White Sand so I guess this wouldn't be too bad to include totally new stuff. It would depend on whether or not the chain takes a large role (non 17th sharders probably missed the references to Aethers, Aviars, and sand and it didnt confuse anybody)

Edited by Lightspine

• Chaos locked this topic