[OB] Chanarach and Chemoarish

Zelly

Wild theory of the day: the Herald Chanarch is a least related to, if not somehow is, Chemoarish.

Things I noted, with lots of wild speculation and coincidences (or are they).

1)  Chanarach was the patron Herald of the Dustbringers, Chemoarish was sometimes called the Dustmother.

2) Their names are kinda similar.

3)We know Chanarach was in the TWoK or WoR somewhere, but what if she was actually seen not as Herald/person, but rather a spren/cognitive form/ bad influence like the Thrill?

Spoiler

Wetlander

Speaking of the other Prologues… I have a looney theory that the assassin Liss is actually the Herald Chana in disguise. :D

Peter Ahlstrom

Chanaranach has definitely been seen onscreen by at least one character at least one time in the first two books.

source

4)  The color associated with Chanarach is "ruby".. So when Dustbringers summon their shardblades I assume their eyes turn a light red, which is rather close to what is happening with Odium's influence. (Shalash's color is admittedly "garnet", which is close, so this may be nothing.) 

Spoiler

Questioner

When Kaladin; when he turn's a lighteyes, how come they turn blue instead of tan or something? Is there a reason for that?

Brandon Sanderson

His eyes turn to the color of his order.

Footnote: The Windrunners, who are blue/saphire.
source

I'll admit that I have a little tinfoil theory rolling around in my head that they are the same. I haven't given it a lot of real thought yet, but I do have a little outline of some evidences that might or might not have any merit.

Wait, are we allowed to talk about OB yet? Most of my references for why I think this is a possibility are from OB. I'll leave it at that for now.

This fits very well with a theory I subscribe to, about the Heralds being used to create the Unmade. The similarities in name and the fact that both are affiliated with dust makes it seem like they are connected.

Also, this thread might be better off in the OB spoiler section. @Pagerunner or someone, can it be moved?

• 1 month later...

Where is this other theory @Toaster Retribution?

But yeah I was just on the coppermind doing my usual nerding, and I saw the similarities and I was like whaaaaa? I don't really understand how the heralds could have been made into the unmade or anything since most of them are still crazily running around like Nale, Kalak, Jezzers, Ash, and all those guys. But who really knows? It could totally be possible for Odium to have somehow tried to copy their cognitive shadows and warp them, or that he just tried to corrupt THEM, but it didn't exactly work. So who knows.

• Chaos locked this topic