A possible Twinborn eqivalient of Lift?

animalia

Something I’ve wondered is if it would be possible for a combination Pewter Misting Bendalloy Ferring to draw on their calorie reserves for quick bursts of strength and speed, as a way to enhance their pewter allomancy. Maybe this could be one of the possible reasonances between different types of powers Brandon Sanderson mentioned? If anyone goes to a con he’s at maybe they can ask him for me.

Resonances don't necessarily have anything to do with the powers themselves (ie Windrunners get more/stronger squires, which has nothing at all to do with their powers) but in this case, I suspect a Gasper/Thug combo would do the sort of thing you're thinking naturally, without needing any Resonance effects. The F-Cadmium lets you go without breathing and you can hyper-oxygenate your blood (which is a method used to cheat at athletics in real life) which would synergize well with the A-Pewter.

3 hours ago, animalia said:

Something I’ve wondered is if it would be possible for a combination Pewter Misting Bendalloy Ferring to draw on their calorie reserves for quick bursts of strength and speed, as a way to enhance their pewter allomancy. Maybe this could be one of the possible reasonances between different types of powers Brandon Sanderson mentioned? If anyone goes to a con he’s at maybe they can ask him for me.

But tapping a Bendalloy metalmind  would give the food back, you would need some other way to draw out the investiture.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:05 PM, MountainKing said:

But tapping a Bendalloy metalmind  would give the food back, you would need some other way to draw out the investiture.

But what form would the food come in? Would it be as raw undigested food, as calories, or something in between? It's kind of unclear. Hence why I want to ask for a WOB.

Edited by animalia

18 minutes ago, animalia said:

But what form would the food come in? Would it be as raw undigested food, as calories, or something in between? It's kind of unclear. Hence why I want to ask for a WOB.

Brandon has described it as storing calories in a couple of WoBs.

Likening Lift's ability to the feruchemical ability to store nutrition (as calories).

Agreeing by implication that bendalloy stores calories.

Explicitly describing F-Bendalloy as storing calories in the context of a discussion of how feruchemy could work in D&D.

• Chaos locked this topic