The craftsmen.

MacThorstenson

Eyeing the other customer, Ene strolled out. She wasn't here for the Alleyverse, and didn't want to mess up any space-time continuums or anything. They probably did enough of that on their own.

Edit: *reads @Cyanic's title* Ha, didn't even see that before I said this. Well, now I KNOW I made the right decision.

Also, storm it, I'm so bad at 3p.

Edited by AonEne

Just now, AonEne said:

Edit: *reads @Cyanic's title* Ha, didn't even see that before I said this. Well, now I KNOW I made the right decision.

ah yeah XD, that's not actually related to the Alleyverse, if you mean the title under the profile picture thing

but reading your title though, congratulations! :OO (or wait, is that part of an RP, or are you actually getting married irl?)

Edited by Cyanic

On 9/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, AonEne said:

Thank goodness he'd rescinded the eternal servitude option; she didn't know where else to find wedding rings.

Wedding rings?

Wedding rings?!

Storms, woman! Do you know what happened the last time the RP had a wedding? The Alleyverse would never survive another catastrophic shock like that!

Edited by Grey Knight
Note: Fully aware it's not going to be in the Alleyverse.

The clerks eyes widened. This was way above his pay grade, this is similar to one of the bosses personal projects. 

"Okay ok. We can definitely help you with most if not all of the items on this list. Unfortunately this is above my paygrade, so I will have to ask you to move into this waiting room while I bring a more experienced engineer in, maybe even the boss himself." Tapping a panel on the wall, 5 floating boxes came out, 4 of which dropped ropes, and a 5th popped out a microphone. The clerk began to tie the ropes onto the spine, while saying into the Mic, "Hey boss, we have a guy up front, who uh needs something done. It could help with the uh, iron man project." The box flew away, while the clerk face palmed, muttering something about stupid earth references.

Tuning back to @Cyanic's character, he said "Right this way please, and if you don't mind me asking, are there any guilds that you are associated with, just so that we can know who to contact if there are issues." He began to walk deeper into the fortress, stopping occasionally to wait for doors to be opened from the inside until they got to a pristine work area. "I will wait here with you until the boss gets here, he will want to ask more questions about the engineering."

Exactly how far are we in the future, because I may need to detangle mack from some heresy that needs to be killed in the didgeridoo thread?

I'd say we're 2-3 days in the future, that's enough to do planning and such

The young hooded woman followed the man deeper into the shop. She thought of an answer: "We, or at least this project, is for someone who isn't associated with any guilds, though we may or may not recruit people from other guilds to help in this campaign."

They arrived at the inner-more part of the shop, and the woman looked around. She found a waiting chair and sat. Nothing was on her mind except their current goal, and this helped with that.

Edited by Cyanic

So sorry for the delay, IRL stuff picked up again and i may not be able to post as often. 

"Oooh, a non guild group. We haven't had one of those guys come in years. The last one was like some weird splinter mime group." As he finished talking, a knock sounded on the door. Then, without waiting for an answer, another man came in, shut the door behind him and began to read off of a note card.

"Now enters, Mack, Master craftsmen, traveler of the multive-" He was cut off by the door being shoved into his face by a man wearing black and gold robes. 

"You were right, that is stupid." He says.

"See, I tol-" The other man was cut off by Mack,

"Don't know why kings did that on earth. Its ridiculous. Maybe add smoke next time, or a clap of thunder, that could definitely help with the entrance. Anyway, what have we got here?" He begins to inspect the broken chaos marine spine and the necklace. "These could definitely help with the Iron man project.

How did you get this necklace? Its like nothing I've seen before." Taking a tiny pin from a vial of blood, he stabbed himself in the eye, and swallowed a little steel, and burnt it. "The helmet doesn't appear to be invested, unless I'm very much mistaken. Hmmm. This could be valuable, very valuable.

Anyway, what it sounds like to me, is that you want mechanized shard plate.

I can tell you right off the bat, that the awakening will be nearly impossible. There is just too much metal. Now, what I could do, is if i had a very large quantity of breath, i could make a fabric skeleton, that moves as the wearer does, to aid in movement. But that would be a whole lot of breath.

I am confused as to why you want multiple types of investiture powering this. You say that you want Aonic shields, and Augmenter fabrials. Personally, if this is being used in a place with access to the Dor, I would go 100% with the Dor for shielding. Stormlight can run out, and be stolen by basically anyone with a bond. Engraved Aons? Nope, not running out. I can easily stick a bunch of strength enhancing Aons on this to make it stronger, put them on a loop.

I can definitely coat it in aluminum, and if I'm right in guessing that the ichor alcohol is for a lifeless, then that wont pose an issue. Actually one problem with the aluminum. The aluminum coating will mean that no investiture will be able to get out. So Aonic shields will be nearly impossible without predesignated holes to get through. The thing is, if the shields can get out, then other stuff can get in. I could do the shields with Aons, but the Aons wouldn't be protected by any physical armor.

I'm confused about what you mean with the shardplate base with no slits on helmet. I mean, the no slits makes sense if its a lifeless. but what do you mean by shardplate base, and what is it with "incorporated into HUD". The transparent thing will work easily by the way. The tech spine I can incorporate, to save the awakening a little breath. Fog machine is easy enough, 2 or 3 aons and I have one for you. 

Larkin tech will pose an issue. I can't replicate that with machinery. I know guys who could with hemalurgy, but with a lifeless running the thing, he would need to open it up to get the affect to work, and that leaves him vulnerable. With the tech from the necklace I think I can do it, but you would need a special lifeless to use the larkin ability." 

Mack paused to take a breath.

"In short, I can do this. I just need those questions answered."

Really sorry about the long reply, if you don't want my business its fine. just let me know, so I don't keep working on this. @Cyanic

That's alright, take your time

Long post ahead btw!

Araha remained seating at the man's entrance and announcement, then stood up to be polite. She took off her hood then realized he wasn't really a king or such, just a business man. She did remain standing though. She began answering questions:

"The helmet's from my comrade, say he got it from a 'groundsmaster,' I didn't ask more than that,

Yeah, a fabric skeleton might be better, just to increase the strength even more. The augmenter fabrials were my idea, but I'd forgotten that those can run out," she sighed, "but it's possible that we'll be using this in a lot of places, and not just where there's Dor, so we'd want adaptability. As for the aluminum, could we just have Aons over the aluminum itself, and some under it? So the layers would be, shardplate, shields, aluminum, then shields again, and the important components like those fabrials and the pumps would either be under the shardplate, or under the first shield layer." she said, not monotone, but not showing much in the way of expressions.

"If that doesn't work, could we just have some aluminum..." she trailed off, then had an epiphany. "What if we coat the thing in aluminum and have augmenters under that, wouldn't that mean that the stormlight can't be stolen by a surgebinder since it doesn't have any way to leave the aluminum shell?" She put a hand on her hip, "we could also go one step further and once the fabrials are powered, we put an aluminum shell around the gems themselves so that the stormlight has nowhere to go to and can probably just sit there. Though, this might be impossible, I know Investiture basics, not the complete theories of them."

"Anyway, the fog machine, we had in mind would just have been like those used in shows, but Aons work too. Larkin tech would've been to give us an element of surprise against other Investiture users, but if not, that's fine.

As for what we meant by the HUD, my comrade suggested somehow incorporating the necklace-helmet's components onto the shardplate to allow a HUD, but that's not necessary." She felt excitement for the whole thing boiling up, then she shoved those feelings back down... no, she used those feelings to fuel her determination. She'll get her friend back. "Hang on, before all this, we should discuss the price, this seems expensive."

Edited by Cyanic

Ambrosia appeared in the middle of the lobby. "Hello, I'm going to need your help. I need a device that can monitor the Boundless Worlds, like a constantly changing map. I would prefer it wasn't electronic, so that it won't run out of battery. Can you do this?"

Cyanic is in the future, so this shouldn't be a problem, right?

@MacThorstenson

13 hours ago, Cyanic said:

@MacThorstenson

Araha instinctively stood up at the man's entrance and announcement and took off her hood, then realized he wasn't really a king or such, just a business man. She did remain standing though. She began answering questions:

"The helmet's from the other guy, say he got it from a 'groundsmaster,' I didn't ask more than that,

Yeah, a fabric skeleton might be better actually, just to increase the strength even more. The augmenter fabrials were my idea, but I'd forgotten that those can run out," she chuckled, "but it's possible that we'll be using this in a lot of places, and not just where there's Dor, so we'd want adaptability. As for the aluminum, could we just have Aons over the aluminum itself, and some under it? So the layers would be, shardplate, shields, aluminum, then shields again, and the important components like those fabrials and the pumps would either be under the shardplate, or under the first shield layer." she said, punctuating those with movements from her hands.

"If that doesn't work, could we just have some alumi..." she trailed off, then stuck a finger out as she had an epiphany. "Wait! If we coat the thing in aluminum and have augmenters under that, wouldn't that mean that the stormlight can't be stolen by a surgebinder since it doesn't have any way to leave the aluminum shell?" She put a hand on her chin, "we could also go one step further and once the fabrials are powered, we put an aluminum shell around the gems themselves so that the stormlight has nowhere to go to and can probably just sit there, right? I'm sorry if this is all actually impossible, I know Investiture basics, not the complete theories of them." She put a hand on her neck.

"Anyway, the fog machine, we had in mind would just have been like those used for shows and stuff for effect, but Aons work too. Larkin tech would've been to give us an element of surprise against other Investiture users, but if not, that's alright.

As for what we meant by the HUD, the other guy suggested somehow incorporating the necklace-helmet's components onto the shardplate to allow a HUD, but that's not too necessary to be honest." She caught herself smiling and being too excited for the whole thing. "Hang on, before all this, we should discuss the price, this seems like it'd be really expensive."

"hmmm. Ok. It may be difficult, because I would assume that its investiture based, but I don't know how investiture based it is, or what type of investiture. Wait, is this from the hall of legends card thingy, in the pocket of that one fellows statue? Some people were running around making a big fuss about that.

Anyway, if you may not have access to the Dor, then you are right, you will need adaptability. So I will include a lot of augmenter fabrials. You are correct in saying that surgebinders couldn't steal the stormlight through the aluminum coating, Though my concerns were more about gemstones leaking stormlight. But it is really the only option if you don't have the Dor, so we will use it. The aluminum shells around the gemstones wouldn't allow investiture to leave the gemstones, which I believe would prevent the fabrial from working, so we can't include those. We can't engrave Aons in the Aluminum, they don't work. What I was thinking instead, is take plastic or crystal, some non metal thing, and engrave shield aons on that, and stick it on top of the outer layer of aluminum, it leaves them vulnerable, but there has to be some way for the investiture to get through the outer aluminum shell. 

The fog machine its self is easy to incorporate, though depending on how much you want it protected it could be an issue. 

What I'm imagining right now for a preliminary design, is a shardplate, with all of the components attached to that, ichor alcohol system, tech spine, awakened skeleton, etc.

On top of that layer would be Aonic shields. The next layer would be a layer of steel. Steel, so it can be structurally sound. There would be connections between the shardplate and a layer of steel, and the outside of the steel is coated in aluminum. The steel has a ton of augmenting fabrials, as will the shard plate. On the back of this layer will rest the fog machine, and possibly the ichor-alcohol pump on the inside, depending on how big the pump is. On top of the aluminum, there will be a variety of plastic plates, with aonic shields engraved. Im also going to awaken quite a few tassles of cloth, their purpose will be to block weaponry when the aon shields are down. The fog machine will be normal by the way, Im going to stay away from using aons. I will incorporate a battery that is charged with Aons. This way you will have enough power to run the suit when you don't have access to the Dor. The battery will also power an interactive HUD, that I can incorporate, but maybe not with the necklace. I'll see. As for getting it on and off, It will be like removing a dead piece of shardplate. Summoning it like that a living piece will be nigh on impossible with out some serious assistance from shards.

As for pricing. Gosh, this will be expensive. So long as we keep the blueprints for any and all components used, we won't charge you for our time. But buying the breaths will be expensive, and the aluminum. I'm thinking 10K chrysts should be sufficient. What do you think?"

Actually, where did you get the necklace? I want to know how unique it is, to see how I can replicate it. Also, how much do things cost these days in chrysts? I know opening up a guild bank account gives you 5000 free ones, but im not sure how many most people have. @Cyanic

A clerk sat, spinning a pencil between his fingers, when another customer walked in. 

"Hello, I'm going to need your help. I need a device that can monitor the Boundless Worlds, like a constantly changing map. I would prefer it wasn't electronic, so that it won't run out of battery. Can you do this?"

What? boundless worlds? This is an unusual request. Aloud, he said "Yes, right this way please. If you don't mind me asking, what are the boundless worlds? Where are they? And do they have access to the Dor?" He was already putting together a system of Dor powered satellites, essentially a GPS system, and possibly a 3d star map to display the information, also Dor powered. "You see, the Master Craftsman recently discovered an Aon program that can create electricity, so assuming it has access to the Dor, we can power it using that" @Ark1002

Edited by MacThorstenson

"I'm not sure really, I didn't ask for an explanation from who the 'groundsmaster' was." She said.

"I see, that's disappointing, but it's alright. If we found a surgebinder, could they just inhale the leaking stormlight and recharge the gems when outside of battle? Also yes, putting another layer on top of the aluminum one would work, but could you also put shielding Aons engraved on the shardplate itself? If the shardplate's coated in aluminum, the means the shielding Aons would still work since the engraving is under the aluminum layer? The shielding would just be really packed close to the shardplate itself.

The fog machine is really just to intimidate and for flair," she shrugged, "we thought of a cloak or cape, but that was too easily exploited in combat, so a fog machine might work better, you don't need to focus on that though, it's just an extra piece."

Araha visualized the design he just told her about. "Yeah... yeah. Sounds good," she said with a nod.

Free of charge though? They might need that since the pricing made her flinch. "Hmm, what are you guys going to use the blueprints for? I mean it sounds like a good deal, but I'd rather we don't suddenly face enemies with the armor that we designed." She said, "besides that, do you also accept trades? We have... a battalion's worth of Chaos Marine tech lying around, we'll just need help transporting it, and that's probably good enough to pay for the cost of this?"

not really that sure how much Alleyverse economics are nowadays, but anyway, the other guy got the necklace from Devaan, I don't know how good that is beyond the HUD and good armor though

Edited by Cyanic

"It has innate connection to everything. So the Dor should work there. The reason it would be hard is that a pocket dimension in the Boundless Worlds can collapse at any time. So it would have to monitor it constantly and report to the device constantly. If it is possible, I would like 5 devices. One huge one, the type you would mount on a wall, the portable, tablet sized one, and one that would be inserted into my brain, giving me a map in my head. Can you do this?" Ambrosia looked at the clerk. "If so, I will be back in the future with more orders."

"Yes, that's what I meant by the first layer of aonic shielding. Though I wont be engraving them directly into the shardplate, because that can reduce the structural integrity. Ok on the fog machine, though the extra weight may be cumbersome, I'll make a quick release if needed. As for the HUD, if you are using lifeless, will they have the intelligence necessary to operate one? I was under the impression that they aren't the most intelligent of creatures.

The blueprints will remain with the craftsmen. I wager that there is no safer place to keep information in the alleyverse anyway. As fro what we will use them for, well, I've been working on a little project of my own. Have you been through the fourth wall to the OG earth? It doesn't matter. Anyway, they have this idea of a guy who had really advanced weaponized suits. I want to create one. This is the Mark 1, that I'm making for you. I will improve the design over the years until I get something amazing. None of this will be sold to any other group.

As for the Chaos Marines, forgive me, I'm not too familiar with them, but from what I have heard they have very good tech. What exactly are we talking about in terms of numbers here, and how do their suits differ from normal space marines? Also, is it only the marines, or do they have other stuff. If that is the case, then it should be plenty and cover the cost of this. My men can probably handle the transportation. Where is the stuff?"

Arriving at a door, the crafstman pushed a button, and opened the door. "Ok, so if I am correct, you will want a 3d map, because this sounds like more than a 2d map. Now, we will be able to do this for the big one, and the tablet. They will be huge, holographic displays, constantly updating from a series of satellites. The one inserted into your head will be more difficult. We don't have any way to merge technology with your brain. if you have built in cyber components already, we could design something to interface with them, but until then, we can't do anything.''

@Ark1002, I had an idea of a computer constantly updating a coppermind, but it seems unclear whether or not they can do that. Leaning towards them not being able to do that. Besides that, the craftsmen have a strict, no messing with organics policy.

Edited by MacThorstenson

The young woman nodded at everything they said, "I guess if the suit won't be sold to anyone else that'd be alright." She nodded again, "right, we can settle with that. So you won't need the Chaos Marine tech, but we'll keep it around since we'll likely come back here in the future for more business." She said, still no expression, though she was obviously pleased.

"Anyway, Chaos Marine and Space Marine tech, I'm not too familiar with.

"Well, if that's it, I'll get going. I'll confirm again that you may keep the blue prints, and do with that what you want, as long as it's not sold to anyone like you said." It seemed like a good deal, and these Craftsmen were trustworthy enough. "When should we expect this to finish? and should we pick it up or will you deliver it?"

Edited by Cyanic

"Wait a minute here. I said that our time would be free of charge because of the blueprints. I still need the chaos marine tech in order to finance the breaths and the aluminum. I can't afford that big of a loss. In addition I need to bring in an awakener to construct the skeleton. So we can fund the shardplate and the rest of the materials, but we need the chaos marine stuff to sell for aluminum, and breaths. But depending on how much it is specifically, I may not need too much of it."

@Cyanic

So, I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on you sorry. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use earth methods for making aluminum, if I am then, I don't need that, but other wise, it is waaaay too expensive to get for me to be able to make this without some kind of payment. Also, found out It doesn't look like I can compound breaths, so I will need money for those as well.

"Oh, alright," she was slightly annoyed, but remained professional, time was wasting, "I'm not sure if those things are also Invested or are just tech, but anyway, they're at the Waystop, if you know the place. It's at the Horneater Peaks on Roshar. We've gathered them into two piles just outside the building, since they look similar but from different factions. A lot of the armor is still in tact, but pretty much all the weapons are still in good condition.

Once everything's alright and you start working on this, how long do y'think this'll take to make?"

Edited by Cyanic

“Hmm, let’s see. I’m imagining a day for blueprint making, and logistics. Then a day for combining the shard plate with the other things. A third day for the awakener to awaken the skeleton, and assemble it in an efficient way. That same day we can start on the Aon shields. During all of this we can be assembling the outer layer of aluminum and steel, and on the 5th day, we will put the finishing touches. Somewhere in there we will reverse engineer the helmet and use its components to crest a hud. So I’m thinking 5 or 6 days. In actuality maybe 3-4, because I can use allomancy and time bubbles to speed it up.”

@Cyanic

@Gancho Libre

A clerk sat at the desk, enjoying a peaceful day when someone had the idea to teleport into the craftsmen base, telling something about a watch. The clerk scribbles in a span reed that someone teleported into the base. That shouldn’t be possible, boss may need to check up on those defenses. With that done he turned to the customer and asked a few questions.

“does it need to be a fabrial watch? And what do you mean by count every three seconds? Does that mean that it’s a stop watch set for three seconds? Or just a watch that makes a sound everythree seconds?”

Edited by MacThorstenson

@Cyanic 

“Yes I know the way. Now, I also need to get going. It’s been an hour without eggnog, I can barely function. Also, I have work I need to attend to. Bill will lead you out.” With that, he tapped a Tia on the wall, and disappeared in a flash of light.

The two clerks sat there confused,

“Which one of us did he want to lead her out? I’m not named bill, are you?” The other shook his head. 

“It doesn’t matter, I’ll take her out.” With that he opened the door and led the girl to  the front entrance. 

They arrived back at the entrance. "Thank you," she said, "and thanks for your business too, tell Mack I said thanks." She realized she repeated her thanks thrice, but she didn't care.

She remembered something, "Should I pick the thing up, or do you do deliveries? If deliveries, just bring it to the Waystop."

Edited by Cyanic

"Right. Thanks." She said, then left the shop.

Nice, looking forward to it! :oo

-

"How'd go?" A man in a thick cloak with his hood up asked in a deep voice.

"Fine." She said with a sigh.

The man nodded as they walked for a while and found a place where there wasn't people. The man picked her up. He jumped high and hopped onto the roofs, then outside the wall of the city. Running back to the Waystop.

Edited by Cyanic