[OB] Amaram

Delightful

Ok what the heck was going on with Amaram in Part 5? Aesudan and the spren but she didnt turn into a rock. Also one foot could soulcast and one foot could slide like an Edgedancer? 

The void binding orders seem to match the surgebinding ones, and soulcasting is lightweavers and elsecallers, neither of which pair with being awesome. (cohesion?) 

19 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

And Yelig-Nar grants all surges. He is a really bad system hack, you might say.

At the same time, maybe the fact it kills its holder after a matter of hours is a counter-balance to this. But I agree, Yelig-Nar was a bit over the top. Then again many Unmade were. Nergaul turning an entire platoon of troops against their own people? Ashertman turning the leaders and religious priests into the maximun orgy in Roshar (I don't actually know when that began, was it already happening in the interlude of WoR)? Sja-anat turning the spren of the Oathgate so it works how and when Odium wants?

33 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

At the same time, maybe the fact it kills its holder after a matter of hours is a counter-balance to this. 

I think someone will be able to resist dying from his corruption eventually. Odium seems to believe that it is possible. I have a theory (which I hope won't end up happening) that Nale will be Yelig-nars next host. I feel like he might handle it better than Amaram and Aesudan.

Thats a neat idea. If that happens it will probably be Nale-Szeth, since Szeth is familiar with all surges, and has a slight teacher-pupil relationship with Nale. Plus Nightblood may be required for a full Yelig-Nar holder.

I just hope its not Moash who ends up holding it.

Edited by WhiteLeeopard

29 minutes ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

Thats a neat idea. If that happens it will probably be Nale-Szeth, since Szeth is familiar with all surges, and has a slight teacher-pupil relationship with Nale. Plus Nightblood may be required for a full Yelig-Nar holder.

I hope it doesn't happen personally. I really like Nale, and the entire shard knows how fond I am of Amaram. So I feel like one of my faves being Unmade-corrupted is enough. Personally, I'd be happy with putting Yelig-nar into a random singer, or maybe Mrall, or another more minor antagonist.

Just now, Toaster Retribution said:

I hope it doesn't happen personally. I really like Nale, and the entire shard knows how fond I am of Amaram. So I feel like one of my faves being Unmade-corrupted is enough. Personally, I'd be happy with putting Yelig-nar into a random singer, or maybe Mrall, or another more minor antagonist.

I think I was also one of the people to most vehemently loathe your SA favorites and explain why they were doomed -_-. That been said Amaram's final move caught me by surprise and I wasn't fully convinced by it. I am also slightly fond of Nale. I keep having hope for him and half-expect him to make another about-turn eventually. 

49 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I think someone will be able to resist dying from his corruption eventually. Odium seems to believe that it is possible. I have a theory (which I hope won't end up happening) that Nale will be Yelig-nars next host. I feel like he might handle it better than Amaram and Aesudan.

I can see Nale refusing it, though.  Law is the only thing important to him.  By joining with Yelig-nar I can see him changing to where the law was of less importance, which I don't think he wants.

• Chaos locked this topic