Hello All

Hi all! I'm new to the forums in the sense that I haven't had an account for very long, but I have read a fair amount here for the time that I've been a Cosmere fan. Speaking of that, I've been reading the Cosmere for about 6 months, and I've read everything but Warbreaker, as I've been told it has some sketchy sections that I may want to skip, and I haven't yet had access to a copy with those sections marked. I have, however, read the synopsis in order to gain any Cosmere content I may want (I'm glad I did this, cause Oathbringer). I've also read the Reckoners and the Rithmatist. 

Warbreaker is now finished.

Edited by Nerd3.14159265358979

45 minutes ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

Hi all! I'm new to the forums in the sense that I haven't had an account for very long, but I have read a fair amount here for the time that I've been a Cosmere fan. Speaking of that, I've been reading the Cosmere for about 6 months, and I've read everything but Warbreaker, as I've been told it has some sketchy sections that I may want to skip, and I haven't yet had access to a copy with those sections marked.

...skip...parts of a Sanderson book?!  HERESY! :-O

Seriously though, I did find Warbreaker to be a bit hard to follow in parts, and I didn't enjoy it as much as other Cosmere books.  But regardless, I can't think of any part that I would recommend skipping entirely, it would get very confusing.  It's not a very long book (well, not compared with many of his other books anyhow :D ) so I'd recommend just reading it anyway.

PS, beware the cookies

1 minute ago, Snorkel said:

...skip...parts of a Sanderson book?!  HERESY! :-O

Seriously though, I did find Warbreaker to be a bit hard to follow in parts, and I didn't enjoy it as much as other Cosmere books.  But regardless, I can't think of any part that I would recommend skipping entirely, it would get very confusing.  It's not a very long book (well, not compared with many of his other books anyhow :D ) so I'd recommend just reading it anyway.

PS, beware the cookies

Alright. Thanks! It hurts me inside to consider skipping too (in any book-especially Sanderson)-which is probably why I haven't sought out a marked version. After your post, I'll probably just read it. Thanks for the cookie warning too-I've heard it has something to do with Hemalurgy?

1 hour ago, Nerd3.14159265358979 said:

Hi all! I'm new to the forums in the sense that I haven't had an account for very long, but I have read a fair amount here for the time that I've been a Cosmere fan. Speaking of that, I've been reading the Cosmere for about 6 months, and I've read everything but Warbreaker, as I've been told it has some sketchy sections that I may want to skip, and I haven't yet had access to a copy with those sections marked. I have, however, read the synopsis in order to gain any Cosmere content I may want (I'm glad I did this, cause Oathbringer). I've also read the Reckoners and the Rithmatist. 

Welcome to the Shard! Tis great to have you,

As for Warbreaker: there are some... interesting scenes, but it never gets too bad. I am a fairly sensitive soul, and as soon as I was like "Maybe I should put this down" it didn't get worse, and the scene ended pretty fast. I'd suggest giving it a read, and enjoying it, it is one of my favorite magic systems, has fun characters, and is Sanderson. So read it :P

1 minute ago, The Forgetful Archivist said:

What would make you think that? Don't ask questions just eat the cookie pie...

cokkiepie.png

Sure, I'll do that-or not.

I've heard that double posting is annoying, so

1 minute ago, Droughtbringer said:

Welcome to the Shard! Tis great to have you,

As for Warbreaker: there are some... interesting scenes, but it never gets too bad. I am a fairly sensitive soul, and as soon as I was like "Maybe I should put this down" it didn't get worse, and the scene ended pretty fast. I'd suggest giving it a read, and enjoying it, it is one of my favorite magic systems, has fun characters, and is Sanderson. So read it :P

Thanks for the analysis! Will do.