[OB] What’s your favourite chapter in the Stormlight Archive?

ICanDream

On January 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Patrick Star said:

Got to be Way of Kings Chapter 67 for me.

So. Much. Epicness.

Could close the thread here...

Seriously, Words isn't just my favorite Stormlight chapter, it's my favorite chapter I've ever read across all books. 

14 minutes ago, Leyrann said:

the chapter were Dalinar defies Odium in Thaylen City

'You cannot have my pain' is my number 1 favorite part of the SA. Combining all Dalinar POVs from Thaylen City and reading them without disruption from other characters should be a priority.

2nd is battle on the Tower - the part between Sadeas' betrayal and Dalinar and Adolin spotting that Kal's team came back for them. They seemed to know they will die, but decided take the death head-on. Sad, but no despair. Grief, but not overwhelming. Complete agreement with what is going to come. And they were rewarded for their heroic attitude.

3rd is Adolin's duel when Kal comes to help (well yeah, again!). True epicness. Sad that Shards are now less usefull since all the supernatural beings appear everywhere. 

I personally love Oathbringer, chapter 105, Spirt, Mind and Body, and chapter 114 The Cost . Dalinar is my favorite character and the culmination backstory is epic. The path he takes from the bloodthirsty warrior from his first flashback to the man we first meet in WoK is heart wrenching at times. But he did eventually become "the only honest officer in the army, an honorable soldier" as Evi described him to Renarin. And then his journey from a man still looking for answers on the Shattered Plains to a Bondsmith bonded with the Stormfather and then literally and figuratively confining the Thrill outside Thaylen City and coming to grips with his past is just amazing. I know that is way more than one chapter but the two mentioned above are the biggest moments in my opinion. 

"The words came to me from one who claimed to have seen the future,' the voice said, echoing in the hallway. Feminine, familiar. 'How is this possible?' I asked in return. 'Have you been touched by the void?'

"The reply was laughter. 'No sweet king. The past is the future, and as each man has lived, so must you.'

"'So I can but repeat what has been done before?'

"'In some things, yes. You will love. You will hurt. You will dream. And you will die. Each man's past is your future.'

"'Then what is the point?' I asked. 'If all has been seen and done?'

"'The question,' she replied, 'is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path.'"

Oathbringer-Chapter 105

• Chaos locked this topic