[OB] Champion - Unmade

Nahema

I'm sorry, if this has already been mentioned, but I'm in my reread, right at the beginning.

Dalinar relives a vision, at the end he sees a brilliant light and a figure with nine shadows.

The Stormfather says: "Nine shadows? The Unmade. His minions, ancient spren".

Dalinar assumes, the figure is the Champion. That might be a red herring though.

But if it is the Champion - could that mean the champion has to bind all nine unmade? It says on the back of WoR "(Surgebindings) they can brace a broken soul, but they can also widen its fissures" - widen it enough for more spren?

I wonder if you could bond the nine temporily, just so you could bind them into a singular gem stone. My idea is that the unmade are used against the fused. If there was a way to affect them all at once, channeling the power of all of the nine at the some point, would be a singular strike in the war.

• Greywatch changed the title to [OB] Champion - Unmade

In the vision Dalinar states something along the lines of "something was terribly familiar" when talking about the champion. The figure familiar because he's seeing what could be version of himself, and it's foreshadowing the end of the book.. As far as the Unmade is concerned, I think the nine shadows behind the champion just means that they would obey the champion as they obey Odium. It's a type of bond, just not the specific one you're talking about.  

Kaladin sees the painting of Dalinar surrounded by 9 shadows. Incidentally there is Dalinar plus 9 orders of Radiants. There are 9 unmade too. Could be either. Because Radiants haven't formalized into orders, they appear as shadows. 10 heralds minus one killed make 9 too.

9 and 10 seem to be common in Cosmere.

Edited by TequilaJack

10 hours ago, TequilaJack said:

Kaladin sees the painting of Dalinar surrounded by 9 shadows. Incidentally there is Dalinar plus 9 orders of Radiants. There are 9 unmade too. Could be either. Because Radiants haven't formalized into orders, they appear as shadows. 10 heralds minus one killed make 9 too.

9 and 10 seem to be common in Cosmere.

That's just because 10 is Honor's number and 9 is Odium's number. As for Dalinar + 9 orders, Dalinar is part of an order as well, so it's still 10 orders. And I doubt Odium is just gonna let the other nine Heralds run around and maybe regain their sanity and start fighting him.

• Chaos locked this topic