[OB] Audible Books & Prices

Wit Beyond Measure

I've seen many talking about having the audiobook, possibly with the hardback but without having the Kindle version.  I wanted to point out that sometimes it is cheaper to get both the Kindle and Audible book versions than the audiobook alone, especially if you don't have the Audible subscription.  

When not logged in, Amazon gives a combined cost of $29.98 for both the Kindle and Audible versions if you check the "Add Audible book" box.  Separately, the Audible book is $50+ or $60+ on both iTunes and at Audible, unless you have an Audible subscription, which would be $15 every month but just one credit of $15 would get you Oathbringer (which is a crazy awesome deal for 55 hours of listening).  So if you have the subscription and use it every month, the Audible book alone is the better deal.  Otherwise, buying the Kindle too will save you at least $20 or $30, I think.  And you get the Kindle version.

KindlePlusAudible.thumb.png.04a74e7f0aba07c4cf9f48546f3847d7.png

By the way, that is Oathbringer Jasnah has on the cover, right?  We saw Jasnah use her mad Elsecaller skills like this at the Thaylen City battle, but did we ever see her with Oathbringer?

I’ve got an audible subscription but a lot of times its cheaper to do as you said so I always check amazon before getting a new audio book. Some books may be $6.99 for the kindle edition and then it cost $2.99 to add audio so you end up spending less that the $15 credit cost. Of course I’m almost always out of credits anyway. 

Thanks for the heads up, I've never realized this before. Luckily though I've been able to use Audible credits for the three Stormlight books. When I saw the 45 dollar price for the OB audiobook it kind of blew my mind. 

Also, I don't think that being on the cover means Jasnah is somehow connected to Oathbringer, either the sword or the book. Brandon has said before that cover characters won't match up with the books main POV character. He just likes to choose powerful scenes from the book. Eshonai saluting Dalinar after the Battle of the Tower for Way of Kings. Kaladin landing after he saves Dalinar from Szeth's lashings in Words of Radiance. And Jasnah filling the breach in the wall of Thaylen City during the battle.  

• Chaos locked this topic